Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest 2015 | Ashoka University
AAKASH NEET Repeater Batch Starting Apply Now
- Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest 2015 is organised by Ashoka University in partnership with Singularity University and is supported by Dalmia Group to award Ashoka Dalmia Bharat Fellowship of $30,000 for pursuing a 10-week postgraduate program at NASA hub in Singularity Campus, USA.
- Singularity University conducts Global Impact Competition (GIC) all over the world in order to select leaders from each country to take part in the 10-week Singularity University Graduate Studies Program (GSP).
- The winner of the Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest 2015 will get a scholarship to attend the GSP offered by Singularity University.
- Candidates who are open to carry out innovation and technological development to solve the issues faced by today’s cities can apply for the contest.
- The 10-week GSP will be conducted from June 13 to August 23, 2015.
- The last date to submit Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest 2015 Application Form is February 25, 2015.
Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest Application Begins
January 5, 2015
February 25, 2015
List of Finalists
March 5, 2015
March 19, 2015
Graduate Studies Program
June 13 - August 23, 2015
Subscribe for Regular Updates of
||Minimum 20 years of age.
- Must be an Indian citizen.
- Must be 20 years of age as on January 1, 2015.
- Individuals as well as project teams can apply. If the team wins the competition, then the leader will take part in the program.
- Must communicate in fluent English.
Rules of the Competition
- Applicants will have to obtain their own medical insurance while attending the GSP Program.
- Must have a valid passport and on selection, must secure a Visa on time to travel to and from the USA.
Only one candidate from India will be the winner of Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest 2015.
The winner will get Ashoka Dalmia Bharat Fellowship worth $30,000 to attend GSP-2015 which will include:
Tuition Fee: The scholarship will cover the complete tuition fees of the program.
The scholarship will NOT cover:
- Travel Expenses: Students will have to bear the expenses of air travel themselves.
- Medical Insurance: Students will also have to bear their own medical expenses while attending GSP 2015.
Note: Candidate must sign an agreement to comply with terms and conditions needed to be on-site on the NASA campus, which are applicable to every GSP participant.
Application form and Process
Students can apply for Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest 2015 by visiting the official website.
Guidelines to fill the application form
- Sign Up: Visit the official website and click on ‘Sign Up’ at the top of the page.
- Confirmation E-mail: You will receive a confirmation E-mail after you finish the registration process.
- Confirm registration: Click on the link provided in your E-mail and confirm your registration (check the SPAM folder, just in case).
- Documents Required to be uploaded while filling the Application Form:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Summary of Accomplishments
- Maximum 100-word abstract of the project idea: The project idea should be feasible, impactful and must contain the use of technology.
- A two-minute video URL (OR) PPT of maximum 10 slides (OR) word document of 500 words.
Steps to fill the Application form
- After logging in, click on the ‘Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest’
- Fill in the requisite personal and academic details.
- Upload CV: Upload your curriculum vitae and the necessary supporting documents as and when asked in the Application form.
- Click on ‘save and continue editing’ if you want to make some changes.
- After editing, click on ‘Save & Exit’.
Submission of the Application Form
- After completely filling up the form, click on ‘Submit your Application’.
- You will NOT be allowed to make changes after submitting the application form.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Candidates potential for technological innovation and entrepreneurship
- Ability to solve problems facing mankind
- Ability to show the relevance of the project when implemented in India.
- Level of clarity and relevance of the project in proportion to theme of the competition
- Previous experience of the candidate in entrepreneurship and leadership.
Finalists: A list of finalists will be prepared by a jury to be forwarded to the final round. The panel of jury will include:
- government officials,
- development institutes
- previous year’s winners
Final Round: The shortlisted candidates will give a presentation in the final round on March 19, 2015 in front of a jury.
- The candidate with the best presentation will be the winner of the Dalmia Bharat Smart City Contest 2015 and will be awarded the Ashoka Dalmia Bharat Fellowship worth $30,000 for attending GPS 2015 organised by Singularity University.
Rajiv Gandhi Education City
Haryana - 131028 (India)
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More