CCRT Scholarship 2018-19 - Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme
About CCRT Scholarship
CCRT Scholarship 2018-19 is a Scholarship for child artists in the age group of 10-14 years initially for 2 years. Students get a monthly scholarship as well as for the fees for the specialized training. CCRT Scholarship 2018-19, The Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme aims at providing facilities to outstanding young children (10-14 years) to develop their talents in various artistic fields.
CCRT Scholarship awarded under the Scheme is initially for two years and is renewable after every two years until the completion of the first University degree stage of education or up to the age of 20 years, whichever is earlier subject to the awardees maintaining good progress.
The children whose parent's/guardian's total monthly income is less than Rs 8000 only (Eight Thousand) per month will be given preference for the award of scholarship. However, the criteria of talent and potential will be taken into consideration for all the candidates.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of CCRT Scholarship
CCRT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Children in the age group of 10-14 years-(whose date of birth is in between July 1, 2004, and June 30, 2008 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply for the award of scholarships for the year 2018-19.
- Special Eligibility: In exceptional cases, the lower age limit can be relaxed up to two years.
- Children between age 10-14 years who are
- studying either in recognized schools or
- belonging to families practicing traditional, performing and other arts are chosen for the scholarships.
- Children about to apply should possess a minimum of 3 years of experience (either with a Guru or in a institution) and certain level of proficiency in the relevant art form.
- Not Eligible: Scholars those who are already receiving CCRT Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the scholarship again.
CCRT Scholarship Reward
Total 650 scholarships will be awarded on the availability of funds, are to be awarded at the national level. The division of 650 scholarships is given below:
| No. of Scholarships
Tribal Culture/Scheduled Tribe Children
Children belong to Traditional Arts Families
Differently Abled Children
Children from Creative Writing/Literary Arts Field
- The Scholarship awarded under the CCRT Scholarship scheme will be initially for two years at a time and is renewable after every two years till the completion of the first university degree stage of education or up to the age of 20 years, whichever is earlier, subject to the awardee maintaining good progress.
- Children not continuing academic education beyond the Secondary stage, but wishing to continue their training in the respective cultural fields in which scholarship has been awarded, on the full-time basis and without undertaking employment etc. shall continue to receive the scholarship until the age of 20 years or the completion of training course, whichever is earlier.
- Selected students under the CCRT Scholarship Scheme 2018-19, will be offered training in a suitable situation where facilities for academic studies as well as classes for their respective art form will be offered under the concern of an approved Guru/teacher.
Amount of Scholarship
- The value of the scholarship will be Rs 300 per month (Rs. 3600 annually) for those children who undergo their specialized training at the station where they are pursuing their academic studies.
- The actual fee paid for the specialized training to the Institution or to the guru/teacher shall be reimbursed to the scholarship holder in addition to the value of scholarship indicated under (i) above, subject to a ceiling of Rs.9000 (Rupees Nine Thousand only) per year.
Commencement of Scholarship
- The payment of scholarship will start from the date which may be specified by the Centre or from the date on which the admission is obtained in the approved course in an Institution or with the approved guru, whichever is later.
- In the case of those studying with the guru, the date of commencement of studies with the guru will be date of commencement of the course.
Payment of Scholarship
- All payments of the scholarship shall be made to the parent/guardian of scholarship holders, who shall be responsible to pay the approved tuition fee to the guru/teacher and send the duly stamped payment receipts.
The institution/guru/teacher under whom the scholarship holder is placed for training will be required to send detailed half-yearly progress reports in respect of the scholars to the CCRT, New Delhi in the prescribed form.
CCRT Scholarship Application form and Process
CCRT Application Form: Students have to apply by post for the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme 2018-19.
CCRT Scholarship Application Form 2018 - Apply Here
- Application for the scholarship should be submitted by the parents/guardians in the prescribed form in one field/subject only.
- Gurus/Parents are requested to ensure that their wards possess certain level of proficiency in the field while applying.
- The candidate must apply only in one subject/field in which he/she is confident because only one scholarship could be availed under the scheme. All applications of those, who apply in more than one subject/field would be rejected straight away.
- Important Documents: In case of Tribal Students/ disabled students, applicants must attach the ST certificate/disability certificate whichever is applicable, issued by the competent authority. Else, application received won't be considered under the relevant category.
Students applying for Performing Arts
- A certificate from the Guru/teacher imparting training, clearly mentioning the details regarding the training received by them along with the
- Bio-data of the Guru/teacher as per the prescribed format in the application form.
Students applying for Painting
- Must attach Three (03) specimens of their latest work (either original or photograph) duly attested by their Guru/teacher along with the Bio-data of the Guru/teacher.
Students applying for Craft, Sculpture
- Attach three photographs of latest work, duly attested by their Guru/teacher along with the Bio-data of the Guru/teacher.
Submission of CCRT Scholarship Application Form
The duly filled in CCRT Scholarship Application Form must be sent in the hard-copy format on or before 31 January 2018 to the following address:
15-A, Sector - 7,
Dwarka, New Delhi - 110075
CCRT Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process of Cultural Talent Search Exam 2018-19 comprises two steps.
- At first, total 650 applications (according to the reservation criteria) received would be shortlisted to be called for interview which will be held during the month of May 2018 at the regional level.
- Only those applicants, whose names are recommended by Central Selection Committee, will be informed about the date, timings, and venue of the interview/test by post only, which may be held during the months of May 2018 at Regional Level.
Selection Criteria for Cultural Talent Search Scheme 2018-19
- Not more than three (03) students of a Guru/Institution will be considered for award of scholarship at a time keeping in view large number of applications received and limited number of scholarships available in each field.
- If more than one Guru/teacher is working in the same Institution, then also only three (03) applications of that Institution will be considered for award of scholarship.
- Incomplete applications and those without relevant information and documents/specimens/ photographs regarding training will not be considered.
- Those who are already receiving the scholarship from CCRT or any other Institution should not apply again either for a new scholarship or for the extension.
- A scholarship holder shall not receive any other cultural scholarship/ stipend in case he/ she is selected for CTSS Scheme, without the prior approval of the CCRT.
- Students in traditional art forms, crafts traditions facing extinction and belonging to families practicing traditional performing arts are given preference.They have to enclose a brief write-up to justify their claim for consideration in this category, otherwise, their candidature will be considered in general category.
- The children whose parent's/guardian's total monthly income is less than Rs. 6000 (Rupees Six Thousand Only) per month will be given preference for the award of scholarship. However, the criteria of talent and potential will be taken into consideration for all the candidates.
CCRT Scholarship Result 2018
Centre for Cultural Resources and Training
Under the aegis of Ministry of Culture,
Government of India
CCRT Scholarship Contact Details
15-A, Sector - 7,
New Delhi - 110075
Telephone: (011) 25088638,25309300
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behaviour on national and global population issues and... Read More
Charpak Research Internship Program 2019 is conducted by the French Embassy in India in salutation to the Nobel Prize-winning physicist Georges C... Read More
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More