Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships 2017
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 11, 12 Apply Now
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1359 APPLY Now
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 8, 9, 10 Apply Now
About Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships
- Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarship 2017 for contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth are offered to the citizens of developing Commonwealth countries under Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious scholarship schemes for international study in the world.
- These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and candidates can apply for Commonwealth Split-site (Ph.D.) Scholarships if they wish to spend between twelve months at an approved UK university as part of a Ph.D. being undertaken in their home country, under the joint supervision of home country and UK academics.
- Intended beneficiaries: High-quality graduates who have the potential to become influential leaders, teachers, or researchers in their home countries, and whose proposed research has a developmental and leadership focus.
- The deadline to submit the application via online EAS Portal is October 31, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships
Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
||Developing Commonwealth Countries
||Candidates registered for Ph.D. in their home country
- Nationality: Candidates must be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Candidate must be a permanent resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- High-quality graduates registered for a Ph.D. at a university in applicants home country
- Candidates who are available to start academic studies in the UK in September/October 2017
- Candidates must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification by October 2017.
Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships Reward
Commonwealth Scholarship covers fees, fares, and personal maintenance.
Each selected candidate will be provided the below-mentioned benefits:
- Airfare: Airfare from the home country to the UK and return at the end of applicants award will be paid
- Fees: Approved tuition and examination fees
- Thesis Grant: Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Living Allowance: Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1034 per month and £1268 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area
- Warm clothing Allowance
- Travel Grants: Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- Child Grant: If applicant is widowed, divorced or a single parent child allowance of £444 per month for the first child and £109 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16 if accompanied by children and solely legally responsible for them
Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships Application form and Process
Candidates have to apply to study at a UK university with which the CSC has a part funding agreement. No nominations by the nominating bodies are required here , applicants have to apply online only by following the link given below.
- Click here to apply
- Candidates have to make their application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
Applicant must provide the following supporting documentation to be received by the CSC until 6 January 2017 in order for application to be eligible for consideration:
- Supporting statement from applicants UK supervisor
- Supporting statement from applicants home supervisor
- Reference from at least one other individual
Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships Selection Process
- Once received by the CSC, each candidate’s application is first considered by a member of the CSC’s panel of advisers with expertise in the subject area concerned, and then by the CSC’s selection committee in competition with other candidates.
- Candidates will be selected according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the proposal
- The potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country.
How applicants will be intimated
- If application is successful, the CSC will notify candidates about their provisional selection.
- CSC can also publish the names of provisionally selected candidates on its official website
Further, steps to be followed after selection
- Before the Confirmation of Award can be issued candidates have to submit a medical report
- Candidates have to sign an undertaking that they will return to their home country as soon as possible after the end of the award
Common Wealth Split Site PhD Scholarship Selection Criteria
Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships Address
20-24 Tavistock Square
London WC1H 9HF
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
National ICT Award for school teachers 2020 is awarded to facilitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively a... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarshi... Read More
13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition has been launched by the Samsung Engineering in association with the United Nations Environme... Read More