Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2017
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1199 Apply Now
AAKASH Rapid Revision Test Series for NEET Apply Now
About Commonwealth Short Story Prize
- The Commonwealth Short Story Prize is an annual award for unpublished short fiction administered and funded by the Commonwealth Foundation
- The Commonwealth Short Story Prize brings stories from new and emerging voices, often from countries with little or no publishing infrastructure, to the attention of an international audience.
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2016
- The Commonwealth Short Story Prize is part of Commonwealth Writers the cultural initiative from the Commonwealth Foundation.
- The prize covers the Commonwealth regions of
- Canada and Europe
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Commonwealth Short Story Prize
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Eligibility Criteria
||18 years and above
- Nationality: People of all Commonwealth Countries are eligible to participate
- Age: Above 18 years
- There is no requirement for the writer to have current residence in a Commonwealth country, providing she/he is a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
- For regional purposes, entries will be judged by country of citizenship. Where the writer has dual citizenship, the entry will be judged in the region where the writer is permanently resident
- Entries previously submitted to the Commonwealth Short Story Prize are not eligible
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Reward
- There will be five winners, one from each region.
- One regional winner will be selected as the overall winner.
One regional winner: The overall winner of the Commonwealth Short Story Prize will receive £5,000
Runners Up: The Runners Up or the remaining four regional winners will receive £2,500
Other Benefits: If the winning short story is a translation into English, the translator will receive additional prize money: £2,000 for the overall winning story and £1,000 for a regional winning story
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Application form and Process
- Writer himself has to make the entry and Fill in the online Application form as the entries will be accepted only via the Online Entry Form
- Only one entry per writer may be submitted for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize
- The story submitted must be the Writer’s own work
Click Here to Submit
Specifications of the Entries
- All entries must be in English
- Word Length: Entries must be 2,000 words minimum, 5,000 words maximum.
- Format: Entries should be uploaded in a PDF document.
- File Name: Use the title of the story as the file name
- Font and Spacing: All entries should be submitted in Arial 12 point font and double line spacing
- Pages should be numbered: All pages should be numbered and include a header with the title of the story.
- Adult Fiction are permitted: The story should be adult fiction and must not have been written for children alone.
Submission of the Essay
Candidates have to fill in the Application Form and upload their Story on the link before November 1, 2016.
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Selection Process
The final selection will be judged by an international judging panel; experienced readers will assist the named judges in selecting the long lists.
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Address
Pall Mall London SW1Y 5HY
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Contact Details
ALLEN Champ 2020 is a national level competition carried out with an objective to honour and mentor the students who are recognised across the wo... Read More
RIMC Admission 2020 to Class 8 will be done on the basis of RIMC Admission Test. Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is an ‘A’ c... Read More
12th National Biennial Competition is an initiative of the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) for Green Grassroots Unaided Technological Innova... Read More
Young India Fellowship (YIF) invites fresh undergraduates and postgraduates to apply for the fellowship. YIF is Ashoka University's first postgraduate... Read More