Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (U.K.)-2015
About Commonwealth Scholarship 2015
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, CSFP (U.K.) 2015 is for students of Commonwealth Countries including India.
- It is an annual scheme for all the Commonwealth Countries, funded by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission.
- In India, the CSFP is jointly managed by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission, the British Council, Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and the Government of India.
- Commonwealth scholarship provides an opportunity to students to pursue higher studies in U.K.The scholarship enables them to use their higher education learning experience for making significant contributions to their home country.
- The scholarships will be awarded for studies
- 1 year taught master’s courses or equivalent degree
- Doctoral degree of up to 3-years duration in any of the U.K. University or Institution
- Commonwealth Scholarship in United Kingdom is tenable from September/ October 2015 for higher studies/research works in the specific subjects i.e. Engineering and Technology, Science (Pure and Applied), Agriculture and Humanities and Social Sciences.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Commonwealth Scholarship 2015
Commonwealth Scholarship 2015 Eligibility Criteria
|| Commonwealth Countries
||Up to 40 years of age
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must have completed their tertiary education. ( Tertiary Education/ third-level education refers to studies pursed after completion of higher secondary)
- Age: Applicants should not be more than 40 years as on October 10, 2014
Eligibliity Criteria for Masters’ Degree:
- Applicant should hold or be able to produce the certificate of Bachelor’s Degree by October 2015 in the concerned subjects.)list of subjects given below.
- For Humanities and Social Science Group: Applicants should have scored 60% marks or above
- For Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture Group: Applicants should have obtained 65% marks or above
- Students applying for post graduate studies in Business Management should have taken the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)(Princeton Test) before applying for the Commonwealth Scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. degree
- Candidates should hold or be able to produce the certificate of Masters’ Degree by October 2015 in the concerned subject fields.
- For Humanities and Social Science Group: Applicants should have scored 60% or above.
- For Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture Group. Students must have scored 65% or above.
Courses Eligible for Commonwealth Scholarship
- Engineering and Technology: Electronics/Electrical, Environmental Studies, Remote Sensing Technology, Communication Engineering, Biotechnology or Biochemical Engineering, Robotics, Computer Applications/Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering/Aeronautics, Civil Engineering, Material Science, Mining Engineering, Marine Engineering
- Science (Pure and Applied): Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Physics, Chemistry (including Pharmaceutical/Medicinal Chemistry).
- Agriculture: Agronomy & Forestry.
- Humanities and Social Sciences: History, Sociology, Management Studies, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Law, English (Literature/Linguistics),Political Science with International Relations
Not Eligible for Commonwealth Scholarship 2015
- Applicants those who are already abroad cannot apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship.
- Applicants who have already been registered for Ph.D. or completed/ about to complete Ph.D. will not be eligible to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship 2015- UK.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2015 Reward
- Out of all the applications, total 65 nominations will be shortlisted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and will be sent to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for the final selection.
- Out of 65 scholarships, these 26 scholarships will be given for doctoral studies.
- Selected candidates will get an opportunity to pursue higher studies at some of the top Institutions in UK with whom the commission has a part-funding agreement.
List of UK Institutions where the scholarship program would be tenable.
Allowance for the selected students
Grant only for students pursuing doctoral studies
Students those preparing thesis or dissertation will receive a grant for all the expenses made.
Fieldwork Costs: Scholars undertaking doctoral studies will receive fieldwork costs for a case to be done outside the United Kingdom. This shall not normally exceed one economy class return airfare to the fieldwork location.
Mid-term Travel Fare: A paid mid-term travel fare to the home country of Scholars on three years doctoral awards. Scholars for whom fieldwork fares are provided to their home country shall not be entitled to a mid-term fare home and Scholars who have claimed (or intend to claim) spouse or child allowances for more than 12 months during the award shall not be able to claim for mid-term travel allowance.
- Spouse Allowance: Scholars who has been selected by the Commission for the duration of more than 18 months program will receive a spouse allowance of £ 220 per month( if in case, they are residing together, but it won’t be paid if the spouse will be in receipt of any scholarship).
- Children Allowance: In case of having children and residing with them during the scholarship program, a child allowance is payable at the rate of £138 per month for the first child and £108 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Children Allowance for widowed/divorced/lone parent: A Scholar who is widowed, divorced or a lone parent will receive an allowance in respect of the first accompanying child and child allowances for the second and third accompanying children, irrespective of the length of the award,
Commonwealth Scholarship 2015 Application form and Process
- Students can only apply online for the commnwealth scholarship. Candidates have to go through MHRD’S Website for submitting applications. >> Apply online for the Commonwealth Scholarship 2015
- Applications should be submitted in English Only.
Documents to be uploaded while applying to Common Wealth scholarship 2015
- Age Proof of the Applicant
- Educational Qualification
- University/College Transcript
- Offer letter- If obtained
- Any Academic Awards etc.
- Candidates have to state up to 3 preferred institution(s) on the application form, but the final decision on host institution will be made by the Commission.
- Candidates are advised to submit independent applications directly to their preferred institutions at the same time as applying for this Scholarship.
- Where formal offers of admission have been obtained, these should be included with the application.
Guidelines for applying to Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (U.K) 2015
- Applicants may submit their application forms for only one subject of their choice.
- Applying to Masters' Courses: Should score the minimum qualifying marks as given above under the head eligibility criteria.
- Applying to Ph.D Courses: Should score the minimum qualifying marks as given above under the head eligibility criteria.
- PG In Business Management: Candidates interested to undertake postgraduate study in Business/ Management Studies should have taken the Graduate Management Admission Test i.e. the GMAT.
- Details about GMAT may be obtained from G.M.A.T. Educational Testing Services, Box 966 – R, Princeton, NJ 08541, U.S.A.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2015 Selection Process
- Out of all the entries, total 60 nominations will be shortlisted by the MHRD Department and will be sent to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
- Final selection for allotment of scholarships among the nominated candidates will rest with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in U.K.
Selection Criteria for the Commonwealth Scholarship 2015
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Documents required for verification at the time of Interview:
- Original Certificates along with Mark sheet of Class 10, 12 and Transcripts of Degree(s).
- NOC/ Cadre clearance (in case of Government Servant)
- In case applying for PhD, candidate must provide evidence of support from a prospective supervisor.
- Candidates have to take an English Test/Training if required by the end of the Commission or Host Institution in Britain.
- Criteria for applying to Doctoral Studies
- Candidates applying for Doctoral Study must provide the commission with evidence of support from a prospective supervisor from at least one of their chosen Institutions at the time of interview.
- So, if such support letter is not submitted at the time of interview, he/she will not be allowed to appear before the interview and no TA will be given.
- Criteria for applying to Economics- Should pass GRE
- Candidates applying for Scholarship in Economics and related subjects should pass the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) as a number of departments may require them, before the final admission.
- Details of GRE may be obtained from Graduate Record Examination, Educational Testing Service, Box 955, Princeton, NJ 08541, U.S.A. Service, and Box 955, Princeton, NJ 08541, U.S.A.
- For candidates English not as their Native Language
- Candidates whose native language is not English, will be required to take the IELTS to study in the United Kingdom.
- For the details, applicants may contact to local British Council Office. An IELTS test will only be considered valid if taken after October 1, 2014 and before March 6, 2015.
*What is IELTS?
- IELTS is the International English Language Testing System, the world’s proven English language test and is accepted as evidence of English language proficiency by over 9,000 organisations worldwide.
- Already in Abroad
- Applications of candidates’ that are abroad presently will not be considered.
- Candidates who have been abroad for studies/training/specialization either on scholarships or on their own, for a period exceeding 6 months are eligible to apply but in a condition that they have been in India for at least 2 consecutive years after returning from abroad as on October 10, 2014.
- In case of past experience and stay in abroad, candidates have to provide the details mentioned with specific dates.
- Study through Grade System
- In case of qualifying from Universities, where grade system is applicable, the candidates are instructed to provide exact percentage of marks and indicate the conversion formula that they have used for calculating their marks.
- Knowledge about the donor country i.e. the United Kingdom should be present with the applicant.
- For Employed Candidates
- In case of being employed, candidates have to submit NOC from the Employer in order to apply for interview or given TA. If the candidate is of Government Employee, clearance of the Cadre Controlling Authority is mandatory.
- Candidates who are employed and if they have a wish to rejoin their concerned employer after completion of their studies in UK, should have an assurance from their Organization that in case of being finally selected, they will be granted sufficient leave of absence.
- Candidates must provide a clear and precise plan details of study/research (minimum 100 words for PG level and 500 words for PhD level), as the provided details will be a primary condition in selection.
- Canvassing in any form will be disqualification.
Result Declaration for the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan UK 2015:
- If an applicant is not communicated by November 15, 2014, it may be presumed that he/she has not been short listed by the Selection Committee.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2015 Address
Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) Department of Higher Education External Scholarship Division ES.4 Section, West Block-1 Wing-6, 2nd Floor, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066
Commonwealth Scholarship 2015 Contact Details
Tel: +91-11-26172491 and 26172492
Tel: +91-11-2323 3895
9th National Science Film Festival of India 2019 is organized by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organisation, under the Department of Science ... Read More
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for college & university is given by MHRD, Govt. of India to meritorious students who have passed Class 12. ... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Social Security Mission of Kerala for the students of Kerala whose father or mother or both have ... Read More