Scholarships for Class 8 to 12 by AAKASH Apply Now
About WhizQuiz 2017
Classmate WhizQuiz sponsored by ITC Limited is an all India quiz contest for smart minds falling in the age bracket between 10-16 years. Classmate WhizQuiz will cover 5 broad categories: Science and Math, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Books and Entertainment, History and Geography and Sports. Questions would be asked from all these specifically mentioned subjects.
The objective of the quiz contest is to assess the knowledge of students with respect to the general happenings and subject matter precisely.The Participant has to participate in all the 5 categories in Stage 1 to maximise their score and gain entry to Stage 2. Each category in Stage 1 will be divided into three Levels of increasing difficulty.
Classmate WhizQuiz Important Date
|Classmate WhizQuiz Contest Begin
||15 Nov 2016
|Classmate WhizQuiz Ends
||31 March 2017
Note: Results would be sent to those only who have qualified for the respective stages on their personal email id, candidates must regularly track their email id for results.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of WhizQuiz 2017
WhizQuiz 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|| 10-16 Years
- Immediate family and household members (children, sibling) of employees of ITC will not be rendered eligible to participate in the contest.
- The age of the contestants should be 10-16 years as on 15 Nov 2016.
- The participants must be a resident of India.
WhizQuiz 2017 Reward
There will be three winners of the contest. The winners will be given the prizes as given in the table below:
||An iPad worth Rs. 10,000
||A prize worth Rs. 7,000
||A prize worth Rs. 5,000
The photos of the winners will also be published on the classmate Stationery website.
For candidates who have qualified to stage 2, they would be given classmate gift hampers worth Rs. 200.The candidates who have completed all three levels in Stage 1 and they have given all correct answers, they would be given Rs. 500 as a reward. Five such individuals would be chosen from the pool of candidates.
Distribution of the Prizes to the Winners
- Notification: Participants who are shortlisted for prizes will be notified within 5 weeks of the completion of the Contest by way of phone/email.
- Verification: The shortlisted Participants must submit their photo id proofs, contact numbers of their parents/guardian and passport size photographs for verification along with any other documentation sought by ITC
- The prizes would be sent through courier as well, but in case the winning candidate is not available twice at their address, the winner will be informed by the courier service. If they fail to collect the courier then the prize will be forfeited.
- The prize will also be forfeited if the winner is not able to furnish the right information that has been shared at the time of application.
WhizQuiz 2017 Application form and Process
- Register: The candidates have to apply online for the contest and there is no registration fee to participate in Whiz quiz. The quiz has to be immediately taken after registering on the website.
- Participate: The participant has the choice to give the email id of their parents or they can also share their own email id. Once the registration is completed, they will get a link to participate in the quiz on their email id
- Result: The results would be sent on the email id of the contestants.
WhizQuiz 2017 Selection Process
The candidates will have to go through two stages.
Stage 1 Quiz
- Stage 1 will comprise question from 5 categories and based on which the contestants would be evaluated.
- General Knowledge and Current Events
- Science and Maths
- History & Geography
- Books and Entertainment
- The Participant has to participate in all the 5 categories in Stage 1 to maximise their score and gain entry to Stage 2. Each category in Stage 1 will be divided into three levels of increasing difficulty.
- Marking Scheme: 10 points for every correct answer and no points for the incorrect or unattempted question. There is no negative marking.
- Number of Attempts: The candidates can appear in Stage 1 quiz as many time as they want using the same email id and password. The score secured by the Participant in their last attempt will be considered as the valid
- the score for evaluation.
Time for Each Quiz: 5 minutes
Stage 2 Quiz
- Number of Attempts: Only 1
- Marking Scheme
- The questions in Stage 2 do not have equal marks and different weightage will be assigned to each question based on the difficulty level.
- The final score will be based on the points secured by the Participant in Stage 2 and the total time taken by the Participant in answering the questions in Stage 2.
- There is negative marking in Stage 2
- Stage 1 marks will only be considered for entry into Stage 2, but it will not play any role in the final evaluation.
WhizQuiz 2017 Contact Details
The Classmate Whiz Quiz Team,
Education and Stationery Products Business,
ITC Centre, 3rd Floor
760, Annasalai, Chennai – 600 002, Tamil Nadu
Telephone: +91 44 4219 2700
OASIS Scholarship 2021 registration process has started. The candidates can apply online through this page. OASIS Scholarship is the scholar... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Aakash Coaching Institute has come up with Aakash iACST which offers instant scholarship to the students who appear in the online test and also clear ... Read More
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. ... Read More