Claes Isacson Scholarship 2018
AAKASH Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 Apply Now
About Claes Isacson Scholarship
Claes Isacson Scholarship 2018 is offered by Grad Group in honour of Claes Isacson who worked at Grad Group for a period of 17 years from 1996 to 2012. The scholarship shall help young people to finance an education at the university level with a view to finding work within the shipping and marine insurance sectors. Claes Isacson Scholarship 2018 is open for students from any country and who are above 18 years and enrolled in studies of courses which are related to shipping industry or marine insurance business.
The scholarship amount of USD 20,000 (Approx. INR 12.85 lakh) will be awarded to a single student or may be split between several students. Applications for Claes Isacson Scholarship will be accepted online and the last date to make application for the scholarship is 1 April 2018.
- Type of Scholarship: Partially Paid
- Course level: Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate Level
- Subjects: Subjects related to the shipping industry and/or the marine insurance business.
- Duration of Scholarship: 2 semesters
- Country for Study: No Restriction
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Claes Isacson Scholarship
Claes Isacson Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Undergraduate & Post Graduate
The focus of applicant’s study should be on subjects related to, or of importance to, the shipping industry and/or the marine insurance business
- Nationality: There is no restriction on the nationality of the candidate applying for the scholarship.
- Age: The age of the applicant needs to be at least 18 years at the time of making application for the scholarship.
- Qualification: The applicant needs to be enrolled in studies at a university or equivalent educational institution.
Claes Isacson Scholarship Reward
The scholarship will be awarded annually and the scholarship amount will be given to a single student or will be split between several students found eligible for the scholarship. The details of the scholarship reward are:
- Scholarship Amount: The total Claes Isacson Scholarship is worth USD 20,000 (Approx. INR 12.85 lakh).
- Payment of Scholarship: The scholarship will be credited to student’s bank account in 2 instalments.
- The first instalment will be paid upon confirmation of student’s enrollment in the study program.
- The second instalment will be paid to the same account at the start of awardee’s second semester.
Claes Isacson Scholarship Application form and Process
The application for Claes Isacson Scholarship is online and students can use their LinkedIn profile to complete some parts of the online application process. The details of the application process are:
Click here to Apply Online
- Application Form: The application form of Claes Isacson Scholarship is available on the website.
- Filling the application form: To complete the application form, candidates are required to upload their resume along with supporting documents on the application page.
- Applicants can also provide the link to their LinkedIn profile for professional references.
- The applicant must provide certified copies of exam certificates of the academic programs he/she has already completed.
- The applicant should outline future career plans and describe the extent to which he/she wishes to work in the shipping and marine insurance business.
- The applicant must present a plan for the completion of his/her studies and mention in it ‘How he/she intends to utilize the scholarship amount i.e. to what extent the scholarship will be used for the purpose of financing a special project or financing the course he is enrolled in?’
Claes Isacson Scholarship Selection Process
- Before announcing the winner of the scholarship, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- The candidates are required to maintain at least pass marks in their course programme.
- The candidates should provide Gard Scholarship Committee with all the required information asked by the Committee.
At the end of the course, candidates will be required to submit a report to the committee giving details about the benefits of receiving the award and how the Scholarship funds were spent.
About Grad Group
- Grad was established in 1907 and is the largest P& I insurer among the 13 members of the International Group of P&I Clubs in terms of gross tonnage entered, and ranks second in the commercial marine insurance industry.
- Members of Grad Group i.e. Assuranceforeningen Gard, Gard Marine & Energy Insurance (Europe) AS, Gard Marine & Energy Limited and Gard P&I (Bermuda) Limited are rated ‘A+’ (stable) by Standard & Poor’s Rating Services.
Claes Isacson Scholarship Contact Details
ANTHE (Aakash National Talent Hunt Exam) is Aakash scholarship exam to be held for candidates in class 7 to 12. ANTHE exam will be conducted in O... Read More