CII Green Your School Contest 2016
ALLEN NTSE Online Test Series Buy Now
About CII Green Your School Contest
- CII Green Your School Contest 2016 is a golden chance for the students of Class 8 to 10 to get involved in a project to Green their Respective Schools that can win the school an attractive cash prize.
- The project has been undertaken by The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) formed the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) in 2001 to spearhead the green building movement in India.
- CII Green Your School Contest 2016 aims to inspire, motivate and engage youth of India. Thinking green is organised by the IGBC and requires the participants to use the IGBC Green Schools Rating.
- Candidates will have to come up with ideas that help in improving, restoring, beautifying and converting the school’s existing environment into a green school.
CII Green Your School Contest Important Dates 2016
|Confirmation from school regarding participation
||August 8, 2016
|Last date of submission
||September 5, 2016
|Final Round (Mumbai)
||October 7, 2016
What is School Rating System?
The School rating system is something unique in a way that it addresses not only education related to infrastructural facilities, energy efficiency, water conservation and waste management but also Ecosphere, Health & hygiene.
- The ideas will need to be presented to the jury who will select the top three schools. Each school can submit one entry.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of CII Green Your School Contest
CII Green Your School Contest Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| Students of Class 8 to 10
Students of Classes 8 to 10 are eligible to participate.
CII Green Your School Contest Reward
Schools will receive the below mentioned Cash Prize for Implementation Purpose
Rs 3.5 Lakhs
Rs 2.5 Lakhs
Rs 1.5 Lakhs
All the winners of the contest will receive a “Shield of Excellence”.
CII Green Your School Contest Application form and Process
All the Schools interested in Green Your School Contest can register with the Council.
- Thereafter they have to submit the Projects on the IGBC website under 'IGBC Green Schools Rating System'
- Kindly Note: The registration is the initial step which will help in establishing contact with IGBC and provide access to several resources.
- Each School has to submit One Entry
- Maximum three students and One Teacher from each of the Top 3 schools can participate
- Top Three Schools will be supported for Implementation with Cash Awards’
CII Green Your School Contest Selection Process
The projects will be shortlisted on the basis of the following Criteria:
- Generation of Ideas
- Practicality of Implementation
Assessment and Methodology of Green Your School Contest
Green Your School Contest will be conducted in TWO STAGES
- STAGE 1: All the applications cum projects received will be evaluated. During the Stage 1 Top Three Schools will be selected for FINALS.
- STAGE 2: The TOP THREE Schools selected have to present their Project in front of Panel of Distinguished Judges.
Winners of IGBC 2015 Contest
The following winners of the schools bagged the first prize in the 2015 contest:
- Gandhi Public School, Odisha
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, AFS Begumpet, Hyderabad
- Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, Chennai
CII Green Your School Contest Address
CII - Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre
Survey No 64, Kothaguda Post
Near Kothaguda Cross Roads
Ranga Reddy Dist
Hyderabad - 500 084
CII Green Your School Contest Contact Details
Disha K Natwani (Engineer)
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone number: +91(40) 4418 5207
FIIT JEE Talent Support Exam is for JEE Aspirants who are studying or passed Class 12. This exam helps the aspirant to know and analyse their pre... Read More
Rashtriya Miltary School Admission 2020-21 is based on CET (Common Entrance Test) and Interview. CET would be a pen and paper-based test and the ... Read More
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 is for the meritorious students who have passed their Class 12 Examinations in the year 2019. T... Read More
CENTA TPO 2019 (Teaching Professionals' Olympiad) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of go... Read More