CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day
Last date to apply
January 16, 2016
Dates Extended to January 23, 2016
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day
- Ministry of Human Resource Development in association with Central Board of Secondary Education is organizing National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day.
- The aim of the competition is to encourage students to explore various facts related to Indian Constitution, its history, importance & various other related concepts such as:
- Recognizing the two important concepts of government and good leadership
- How the government protects their rights and promotes their welfare
- Rights and duties of elected leaders and citizens
- Explore the role of the media
Eligibility: Students from India & abroad, studying in CBSE recognized schools in Class 1 - 12 can participate in National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day.
Prize: The competition will be organized in three categories and top 25 winners from each category will be awarded cash prize along with Certificate of Achievement.
Participation: There is no direct application process for the students to be followed. The interested schools should organize this competition at their own and send their entries for the competition.
- The last date to complete the submission is January 16, 2016, and now it is extended to January 23, 2016. The winners will be announced on January 26, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day
CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Eligibility Criteria
||Class 1 – 12
Nationality: Students of schools affiliated to CBSE within India & abroad are eligible to participate in the competition.
Participation: Individual students can participate in the competition in the following categories:
Category 1: Class 1 – 4
Category 2: Class 5 – 8
Category 3: Class 9 -12
CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Reward
National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Rewards
Top 25 winners from each category will be awarded cash prizes. The details related to the amount of the prize are as follow:
Winners of Category 1: Top 25 candidates will get cash prize worth Rs. 2000 each along with Certificate of Achievement.
Winners of Category 2: Cash prize worth Rs. 3,000 and a Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to each of the top 25 winners.
Winner of Category 3: Each winner will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 4,000 and a Certificate of Achievement.
CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Application form and Process
National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Application Process
There is no direct application involved in the National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day. The schools willing to participate in the contest should conduct the competition in between January 10 to 16, 2016 and send 5 best entries to be considered for the competition. The details of the application process and the titles of the competition are as follow:
Theme: The students participating in the competition should write their essays on the below-given themes:
Category 1: The essay needs to be have 150-200 words on any of the following:
- What I Wish for My Country
- How I can Make My School a Happy Place
- As a Citizen of India, My Duties are….
- Small Acts of Kindness Can Make a Big Difference.
Category 2: The students need to write the essay in 200-300 words and on the following topics:
- Welfare of My Society Depends on My Well-Being
- The Functions and Importance of a Free Press in a Democratic Society
- The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens
- A True Hero is a Unifying Force in a Diverse Society
Category 3: The word limit is 300-400 words for the participants of this category:
- Discovering the Hero within Myself………
- Why Exercising the Right to Vote is a Citizen’s Fundamental Duty
- The Changing Role of Citizenship from Pre-Independent India to the Present
- The Role I Can Play in My Community to Uphold Children`s Rights
Schedule: National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day is to be organized on any date, between January 10, 2016, and January 23, 2016, in the school itself. Out of all the essays from each category best 05 are to be selected and sent to CBSE.
Submission: Attested entries having the name of the student in full, class, the name of the school, and title of the essay, on the top of the first page are to be submitted via email on or before January 23, 2016.
- The entries are to be accompanied by filled form and undertaking by the School Head along with IFSC code of students.
- The emails with the above-mentioned attachments are to be sent to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Selection Process
National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Selection Process
- Total 25 winners will be selected from each category.
- The names of the winner will be announced on January 26, 2016, on the official website of CBSE (www.cbseacademic.in)
CBSE’s National Level Essay Writing Competition on Republic Day Contact Details
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behavior on national and global population issues and ... Read More
Commonwealth Scholarship for Master’s and PhD in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries under ... Read More
IITM Summer Fellowship Programme is a two months summer programme at IIT Madras and is open for engineering students from all across India. The studen... Read More
EGMO 2018 is an international mathematics competition that is organized only for female candidates. In this European Girls’ Mathematic... Read More