Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship by DST, Govt. of India
About Bhavan Fellowship
Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum invites Indian candidates to apply for Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship. The applications are open for Doctoral Students (pursuing PhD or M.Tech.) and professional (Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Arch.) engaged in research in the field of Building Energy Efficiency.
- The Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship aims to develop long-term research and development collaboration between India & the US by using research programs related to Building Energy Efficiency.
- The candidates satisfying the eligibility requirements should find their host institution & guide in the USA and get a letter of recommendation.
- The selected fellows & interns will get a monthly stipend, contingency allowance, medical insurance and air fare for their travel.
- Type of Fellowship/ Internship: Fully Paid.
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Subjects: Building Energy Efficiency or in Engineering, Science, Technology, Architecture
- Duration of Fellowship/ Internship: Internship- 3 to 6 months, Fellowship- 3 to 12 months
- Country for Study: United States of America
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Bhavan Fellowship
Bhavan Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||M.Tech., M.Arch. or Ph.D.
- Nationality: The Internship/Fellowship is for Indian Citizens only.
- Age: The age of the candidate needs to be up to 32 years (on 31 December 2017) for Internship and for Fellowship the age needs to be up to 40 years (on 31 December 2017).
- Qualification: The qualification depends upon whether the application is being made for Fellowship or Internship:
- For Fellowship: The applicant should have PhD/ M.Tech./ M.Arch. Degree.
- For Internship: The candidate should be pursuing PhD/ M.Tech./ M.Arch. Degree.
- Employment: The fellowship applicant needs to be affiliated to a public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution (non-private)/ recognised Universities/Colleges in India.
- Independent Research: The candidate should be engaged in independent research on extra-mural / industry supported research projects and should have published in high-impact academic journals
Bhavan Fellowship Reward
The candidate selected for the fellowship and internship will be eligible to the following benefits:
- Return Air Fare: The candidates will be provided with economy class return airfare from the shortest route.
- Monthly Stipend & Contingency Allowance: The suitable amount will be offered to candidates to support living expenses in the USA in the form of Monthly Stipend and Contingency Allowance.
- Health Insurance: The fellows and interns will be provided with insurance cover during their stay for the Fellowship/Internship.
Bhavan Fellowship Application form and Process
The application for the Student Internship & Fellowship will be accepted only through online mode. The application forms for Student Internship as well as Fellowship are available online. The candidates have to submit the applications using online application portal for Visitation Programs by following the given link. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
- Click Here to Apply for Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship
Documents to be attached with Bhavan Fellowship & Student Internship
Along with the application form, the candidates also need to attach the below-mentioned documents.
- For Student Internship:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Acceptance from the host institute in the US.
- Two letter of recommendation from Referees.
- No-Objection Certificate as per the format given in the application form.
- For Fellowship:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Acceptance from host institute in the US.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Current employer’s statement in the format provided in the application form.
Bhavan Fellowship Application Form Submission
Bhavan Fellowship application form along with required documents should be formed as a single pdf file having maximum 20 pages. The subject of the submission mail must be ‘Building Energy Efficiency.’ The application should be forwarded by the Head of the Department/Institute to the following email id ‘email@example.com’
Bhavan Fellowship Contact Details
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road,
ACST 2019 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical ... Read More
ONGC Scholarship 2019 for SC and ST students - ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) an Indian multinational oil & gas company has come u... Read More
LAMP Fellowship provides an opportunity for young Indians to be mentored by a Member of Parliament of India for a period of 11 months. The LAMP F... Read More
Nikon Photo Contest is conducted by Nikon Corporation International every year since 1969 to offer a chance to the photographers worldwide to communic... Read More