Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2018-20
About Azim Premji Fellowship
Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is offered by the Azim Premji Foundation that is a non-profit organisation working for achieving the quality universal education. Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity to professionals who are willing to work for a social change. It aims at providing educational & social sector experience to people from diverse backgrounds. This scholarship is a chance to young explorers in India who have a work experience of 3-10 years.
During the fellowship program, fellows will explore various dimensions of education and gain experience & understand the realities of rural government schools. Selection would be based on the online assessment test that will be held at Bangalore, Delhi, Jaipur and Lucknow. Candidates who qualify the written test will be invited for personal interviews to be held at multiple locations from 11 to 15 December 2017. Interview locations will be communicated at a later point of time.
Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship Dates
|Last date of application form submission
||29 October 2017
| Commencement of personal interviews
||11 to 15 December 2017
It is a 2-year full-time program and the last date to apply for the fellowship program is 29 October 2017, and the fellowship is likely to begin in March 2018. The fellowship program comprises the following:
- Year 1: Candidates will have to teach in 120 government schools, immersion in education to develop/ build their perspective along with participation in the activities of a District Institute (DI) of the Foundation to understand the various roles in the DI.
- Understanding the ecosystem of a school engaging with the teachers, community, and education functionaries
- Constantly exploring issues of education through reading, writing and dialoguing with their colleagues
- Each Fellow will be actively mentored by experienced members of the Foundation
- Year 2: Focus will be laid upon the capacity building of the Fellows based upon the role they could possibly contribute in the DI after the Fellowship.
Fellows will be actively mentored and will work on a project of significance in the Institute to which they are attached.
Fellows will be posted to some of the least developed districts of rural India and need to be prepared to live and work in the highly challenging environments.
- Karnataka (Requires proficiency in Kannada)
- Madhya Pradesh
- Puducherry(Requires proficiency in Tamil)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Azim Premji Fellowship
Azim Premji Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
- Professionals having 3 to 10 years of work experience and a post-graduate or a professional degree in any discipline.
- The person should have a passion for social change and No, social sector experience is not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Tamil/Telugu/Hindi/Kannada is required, based on place of posting.
Azim Premji Fellowship Reward
- Stipend: Shortlisted fellows will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 28,800 and after the successful completion of the program they will get employment opportunities with Azim Premji Foundation Provident Fund, Medical-Life- Personal Accident Insurance benefits are in addition.
- Accommodation would be provided for the initial 2 weeks of induction, which would occur at Bangalore.
- Initial 2 weeks induction would be in Bengaluru. The subsequent sessions and the field posting would be in the District Institutes
- Mentorship: Each Fellow will have 2 mentors assigned to them during the fellowship period. Fellows will receive continuous support from these mentors.
Work Areas available during the Fellowship Program
- Research and Analytics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Support to community development workers.
- Contribute in designing publications and establishing external connects
- Participate in developing modules for Subject Knowledge and Leadership Development
Azim Premji Fellowship Application form and Process
Interested candidates have to fill the online application form to apply for Azim Premji Fellowship. Candidates can click on the following link to fill the online application form for fellowship. The last date to submit the online application form is 29 October 2017.
Click here to Apply Online
Note: Along with the application form, the candidate has to upload their resume and “Statement of purpose” in Word / PDF format with responses to:
- Why do you want to be a part of the Fellowship programme and
- How do you think you can contribute and impact the school education system (Word Limit- Max 600 words and Min 300 words)
Candidates also have to upload their recent passport size photograph in jpg/jpeg format in the maximum size of 2 MB.
Azim Premji Fellowship Selection Process
- The Selection process for the Azim Premji Fellowship will include 2 rounds that are a written test and a personal interview.
- Written Test will consist of essay type and multi-choice questions.
- It will have questions on social awareness, passion for contributing the to social sector, good interpersonal skills, openness to learn, and result orientation.
- Candidates on qualifying the written test will be informed through an e-mail.
- The selected candidates for round 2 i.e. the final round will be provided with the admit cards for the Personal Interview.
Details for the selection procedure for Azim Premji Fellowship
Topic to be asked
Online Written Test
Socio-Economic Geographical & Political understanding, Comprehension, Writing and Analytical Ability.
(Will be updated soon)
Candidates will be informed by mail along with an admit card for stage 2
Personal interview followed by a presentation of 10-15 minutes on a given topic
11 to 15 December 2017
Azim Premji Fellowship Address
Azim Premji Foundation # 134,
Doddakannelli Next to Wipro Corporate Office
Sarjapur Road Bangalore – 560 035
Azim Premji Fellowship Contact Details
Phone: 1800 274 0101
(Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship is launched in the Joint Statement of the government of the United States of America and the Government of the Repu... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
SIA Youth Scholarship 2018: The application process has started. The candidates can apply for SIA Youth Scholarship 2018 through this page. SIA Youth ... Read More