About Ashoka Fellowship
- Ashoka Fellowship is granted by Ashoka India to leading social entrepreneurs.
- It is awarded to such entrepreneurs who have shown an exemplary performance of social improvement and solutions to social problems via innovative methods.
- Ashoka Fellowship is granted to people who show commitment towards their goal of common good, thus creating a positive impact on the society on a big scale.
- People with Ashoka Fellowship are known to work in 60 countries.
- The Nomination of Ashoka Fellowship is open throughout the year.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Ashoka Fellowship
Ashoka Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||On a global level
||An entrepreneur of any age with an aim towards betterment of society
- Originality: Individual entrepreneurs having an original and open idea which contributes to the social betterment are open to apply.
- Impact on Society: They should have an original idea. They may or may not have set up an organization/enterprise. However, setting up an organization leaning towards social good shows the commitment of entrepreneurs to the cause.
- Creativity: The entrepreneurs are required to have found the root cause of the problem and found creative ways to resolve the issue in the most innovative way.
- Entrepreneurship quality and Commitment: The individual should be fully committed to the cause.
- Ethical: The nominee is required to be quite ethical towards his/her idea.
Ashoka Fellowship Reward
- Stipend: A living stipend is provided at the launch phase for an average of three years, to the awardee so that he/she can fully commit towards the development and improvement of their social ideas.
- Access to the Global Platform: The Fellows are also introduced into a global platform so that they get better opportunities for growing their ideas.
Ashoka Fellowship Application form and Process
- Applicants who fulfil the eligibility criteria of Ashoka Fellowship are required to visit the official website of Ashoka India.
- Click on fellowships and select “How to Apply” option.
- Download Ashoka India Fellowship Application Form
- Fill up the form with the requisite personal details.
- Applicant must fill up the details regarding their entrepreneurship idea and Nominate themselves or their organization.
- Applicants will be selected after the requisite evaluation.
Few Questions to be filled in the Application form are given below:
- Please articulate the core idea of your work and describe how this idea is new or different from current approaches.
- What is the main social problem this idea is attempting to solve? What is the impact of the problem and why does it persist?
- What is your strategy for scaling the impact of your idea? What will be different in 5-10 years if you are successful?
- Why are you personally dedicated to the issue? Please share relevant background, including your history of entrepreneurship (including childhood years) and the life experiences and/or insights that led to your current path.
It is to be noted that the nomination of Ashoka Fellowship is open throughout the year.
Ashoka Fellowship Selection Process
There is a four step process which is included in the selection process for Ashoka Fellowship:
- Step I: Interview with the Venture Staff in India
The candidates undergo a rigorous interview process by the venture staff in India with background checks on their professional and ethical background. The nominees who pass this process have to move to the second step.
- Step II: Interview with Representative from Outside India
The nominee will have to go through a 3-5 hour-long interview process conducted by a representative from outside India. Selected candidates are forwarded to take the next step.
- Step III: Interview with National Panel
The nominee is interviewed by a national panel comprising three members. Each member interviews the nominee for about an hour. Selected nominees move onto the next step.
- Step IV: Final Review by the Board
In this process, a ‘Candidate Profile’ is jointly prepared by the interviewers from the first and second step. The profile and recommendations are then reviewed by the Ashoka's Board in monthly meetings and consider the nominees for selection.
Ashoka Fellowship Address
Ashoka Office in India
54, 1st Cross, Domlur Layout
Bangalore 560071, India
Ashoka Global Headquarters
1700 North Moore Street
Suite 2000 (20th Floor)
Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Ashoka Fellowship Contact Details
Ashoka Office in India
Ashoka Global Headquarters
For any other Queries
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More