Max Planck Institute Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program 2017
About Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program
Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program is a fellowship offered by Max-Planck Institute, Berlin to develop new methodologies and conduct collaborative research on the history of visual cultures and aesthetic practices. The candidates selected for the Fellowship program will participate in trans-disciplinary research with experts of the same or related field. Under Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program, the candidates will get a monthly stipend of approx. 1.7 lakh rupees in addition to the organisational support for the visa, insurance, housing etc.
The scholars who completed their Doctoral degree in last 7 years in any of the History, Architecture and related fields are eligible to apply for the fellowship.The applications can be accepted through email until 28 February 2017 and the names of the selected candidates will be published on the website by the month of April 2017 (Tentatively).
- Type of Fellowship: Partially Paid Fellowship
- Course level: Post-Doctoral Research
- Subjects: Art Histories, Aesthetic Practices & Archaeology
- Duration of Fellowship: October 2017 to July 2018
- Number of Awards: 20
- Country for Study: Germany
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program
Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The fellowship welcomes participants from Asia, Africa, Australia, and European nations.
- Qualification: The applicant should have completed his/her Doctorate within last seven years.
- Subjects: Scholars from the following fields are welcome for the fellowship:
- Art Histories
- Fields dealing with artifacts, artistic production, and aesthetic practices relating to objects, images and architectures.
Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program Reward
The scholars selected for the fellowship will be entitled to monthly stipend and other facilities. The candidates will pursue their individual research projects within a trans-disciplinary and trans-regional context. The details related to the Fellowship are:
- Monthly Stipend: The candidates will get a monthly stipend of 2500 Euro (Approx. INR 1.7 Lakh) in addition to supplements and the amount will depend on the personal situation of the candidate.
- Organisational Support: The candidates will also get Organisational support regarding visas, insurances, housing, etc.
Expectations from Fellow: The fellows are expected to engage in the program activities, such as regular seminars, workshops, conferences and a travelling seminar.
Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program Application form and Process
The candidates willing to submit the application for the fellowship are required to do make application via email. The details related to the application process are:
- Application Form: There is no specific application form for the Fellowship. Candidates are required to send the necessary documents via. email in order to complete the application process.
- Documents Required: The following documents are required for the application to be considered for the fellowship:
- Resume: An updated curriculum vitae of the candidate in English.
- Project Description: Description of the project in English having maximum 5 pages in it.
- Work Sample: Applicant should submit a sample of scholarly work consisting of about 20 pages of an article, conference, paper, or dissertation chapter.
- References: Names of two referees including their e-mail addresses are to be provided while making the application.
Submission of the Application
The candidates have to email all the above documents in the either separate word or PDF files. The submission needs to be done by sending an email to the following email id: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program Selection Process
The applications received for the Fellowship will be evaluated and the decision regarding the selected candidates will be made available on the official website in the month of April 2017(Tentatively).
- Participating Institutes: The following institutes will be working closely with the fellowship program:
- Berlin State Museums, Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Freie Universität Berlin, Department for Art Histories
- Humboldt-Universität Zu Berlin, Department of Art and Visual History
- ICI Berlin Institute for Cultural Inquiry
Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices Fellowship Program Address
Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices
c/o Forum Transregionale Studien
Wallotstrasse 1414193, Berlin, Germany
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of the protection and conservation of the w... Read More
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship 2019 is being offered for academically brilliant students who have secured admission in MBA Program offered at H... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More