Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 11, 12 Apply Now
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1359 APPLY Now
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 8, 9, 10 Apply Now
About Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016
- Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 is an opportunity for the animation artists whose atleast one work is showcased internationally and it is being organized by Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan to promote excellence of work in the field of animation and understanding of Japanese Animation culture.
- It is an artist in residence program which aims to provide three outstanding young animation artists from around the world with an opportunity to come to Tokyo and create new works while directly interacting wit Japanese animation culture.
- The artists who are selected for the programme will be invloved in theproduction of new animated works under the guidance of Japanese animation professionals, visit animation studios and educational institutions, and engage in interactions with people involved in animation or other aspects of culture
- The 3 candidates selected for the program will stay in Tokyo, participate in training sessions, exchange programs and complete & present their work at the end of their stay.
- There is no application fee to participate in Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo 2016 and the selected candidates will get support related to travel expense, living allowance, insurance etc. from the organizers.
- The duration of the program is 70 days, starting from January 7, 2016 to March 17, 2016.
- The schedule of the program is as follow:
September 10, 2015
October & November 2015
January 7, 2016 to March 17, 2016
Completion of program and Presentation of created work
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Eligibility Criteria
||Between 20 to 35 years
- Nationality: Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo is open for residents other than Japan.
- Age: The applicant should be younger than 35 years but older than 20 years (on September 10, 2015) to be a part of the program.
- Screening of their work in International Festival: At least one animated work of the artist should be screened at an international film festival, exhibition or similar event which hosted participation from international participants.
- Language: The applicant should be able to communicate in English in everyday situations.
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Reward
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Rewards
From the applications received, only 3 candidates will be selected and will be invited to stay in Tokyo for a period of 70 days (January 7th and March 17th, 2016). The following support will be provided only to the selected candidates:
- Travel expenses
- Living allowance
- Travel insurance
- Rental accommodation (including workspace)
- Expert assistance
- Opportunity to present work done during residency
- Opportunities to interact with Japanese creators
The summary of the A-AIR program is as follow:
- Education/training: The shortlisted participants will be guided by accomplished Japanese animators/experts on a regular basis and the participants should also give reports on the work which they are crating as a part of the program.
- Visits/exchange events: Participants will get to visit animation studios and be a part of the exchange events with artists and students enrolled in art programs at educational institutions in Tokyo.
- Creation of a new work: The participants will begin a new work while in Japan and are supposed to present the completed work at the end of their stay.
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Application form and Process
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) Application Process
The application form can be downloaded and filled by the candidate. The last date to complete the application process is September 10, 2015. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Application Form: The application form has been divided into three parts and the applicants should fill all of them. >> Click here to download the Application Form.
- Required Documents: Theapplication form is to be submitted along with the below mentioned documents:
- Proof of Screening: Theapplicant should submit a proof of his/her work been screened at an international event (e.g. a copy of the list of screened works in a festival catalogue).
- Reference Material: The material should provide description of the work to be created as part of this program having at least three minutes in duration. Preference will be given to the submission of documents such as story board, script, etc. which make it possible to understand plans for the work in detail.
- Proof of age and Citizenship: The candidates should provide proof of their age and nationality along with the application form.
- Submission of Application: The application form along with the above mentioned documents should be submitted by email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- In case applicants are unable to upload video online, they can contact the organizers office to submit the video using a DVD.
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Selection Process
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done by a selection committee having experts from the field of Animation. The details of the selection process are as follow:
- Round 1: The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the information provided by the candidates in their application form. The first round will be completed in October 2015.
- Round 2: The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Skype. The candidates selected after the interview will be informed by mid-November, 2015.
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Address
JAPAN IMAGE COUNCIL / Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo 2016
2-10-2, Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, 150-0002 Tokyo, JAPAN
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 Contact Details
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
Aakash NEST exam was conducted successfully in April and May and now Aakash has released a new date for the NEST Exam. The NEST Exam will be conducted... Read More
Aakash Sparrk 2020 is a national level scholarship exam conducted by Aakash Institute. This is the first edition of Aakash Sparrk. Through this schola... Read More
National ICT Award for school teachers 2020 is awarded to facilitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively a... Read More