ADB Bank Scholarship 2017 for pursuing Post Graduate Studies
Last date to apply
6 Months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies.
About ADB Japan Scholarship
ADB Scholarship or Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program was launched in the year 1988. The government of Japan finances the scholarship.
The main aim of the Scholarship is to provide Golden opportunity to all the well-qualified citizens of ADB's developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in
- Science and technology
- Other development-related fields
The scholarship applies to all the participating academic institutions located in the Asian and Pacific Region.
- Every year around 300 students gets enrolled in participating academic institutions located in 10 countries within the region.On successful completion of the study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their country of origin.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as applicable. The maximum period of the scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
Programs covered by the ADB-JSP Scholarship for postgraduate studies include:
- Natural Resource Management
- Science and Technology
- Other Development Related Fields
- Type of Scholarship: Fully Paid
- Course Level: Post Graduate studies
- Country of Study: Asia and Pacific Region
Subscribe for Regular Updates of ADB Japan Scholarship
ADB Japan Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| Asian and Pacific Region
|| Graduate/ Maximum age limit: 35 years
- Only NATIONALS who belong to an ADB borrowing member Country are eligible for the scholarship programme.
- Candidate must be a graduate or its equivalent with the superior academic record and must have secured admission in an approved M.A./ Ph.D. course at an academic institution.
- At the time of applying candidate must have 2 years of full-time professional working experience.
- Candidate must be proficient in oral and written English communication skills
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years old. For senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- On successful completion of studies, candidate should agree to return to his home country
Not Eligible to participate
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible.
- Staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects
ADB Japan Scholarship Reward
The ADB Bank provides full scholarships for one to two years.
- full tuition fees
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- ADB-JSP provides funding for the scholar only and does not cover expenses for the scholar's spouse or other dependents.
ADB Japan Scholarship Application form and Process
Step by Step Application Procedure for ADB Bank Scholarship
- Step 1: Candidates have to purchase the Application Form from the chosen Academic Institution
- While filling up the Application Form utmost care has to be taken that the candidate marks the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship
- Step 2: The duly filled in Application Form along with the required documents, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form has to be submitted to an academic institution.
- The candidates can also download the ADP Bank Scholarship Application Form.
Download Application Form Here
Enclosures to be submitted along with the Application Form
- Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary
- Certification of Family Income
- No separate application to ADB is necessary.
- The completed information sheet, together with all copies of academic records, should be sent to the institution, at least, six months before the start of the program that you wish to join.
- Candidates may apply to more than one institution simultaneously
ADB Japan Scholarship Selection Process
- The academic institution will screen and rank the applicants on the basis of their own selection criteria, the eligibility requirements and selection criteria as prescribed by ADB.
- After the evaluation, the academic institution will submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB accompanied with the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
- Thereafter ADB will review the applications received and recommend awardees to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- Upon approval, ADB will inform the Academic institutions about the successful candidates.
- The academic institutions will arrange for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by the selected candidates wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country.
- There is a two years employment restriction at the ADB Group after the completion of their academic program.
- ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to each scholar.
ADB Japan Scholarship Address
Room 7729 East
Asian Development Bank
#6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1550, Metro Manila,
ADB Japan Scholarship Contact Details
+632 636 2444
+632 636 2456
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of the protection and conservation of the w... Read More
ALLEN ASAT is ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test (ASAT) conducted by ALLEN Career Institute for admission to its classroom programs. Allen ASAT... Read More
Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship 2019 is being offered for academically brilliant students who have secured admission in MBA Program offered at H... Read More
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of year 12 and year 13 who are studying UK A level or Inter... Read More