Acumen India Fellows Program 2016
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About India Fellows Program
India Fellows Program every year brings together 20 emerging leaders from different regions, sectors, and socio-economic backgrounds in India.
- The Regional Fellows Program is a one-year leadership development program designed to build the next generation of social leaders with the audacity to transform society and create a better, more inclusive world.
- People from any sector can apply for the fellowship and they must be committed to ending poverty in their community through their work.
20 Fellows are selected each year for each Regional Fellows program.
- Applications are invited from citizens of the country/region across the world. This page in details deals with India.
Structure of the Regional Fellows Program: The fellows remain in their jobs while taking part in five seminars, each lasting 5-8 days, throughout the year. The first seminar will be held in Q1 of 2017.
- Seminar 1: Foundation of leadership
- Seminar 2: Adaptive Leadership and Moral Imagination
- Seminar 3: Financial & Operational Skills
- Seminar 4: Learning Trip
- Seminar 5: Leading into the Future
- The program has a 100% attendance requirement, and those who cannot commit to this should not apply to the program.
What will happen in the seminars
- The seminars give Fellows access to world-class speakers, trainers, and mentors who allow them to deepen their skills in leadership, social change, and innovation.
- Modules to date have included: Good Society, Adaptive Leadership, Storytelling for Change, Human-Centered Design, Lean Startup, and systems thinking
- The total in-person time commitment is about 30 days over the course of the year, plus travel time to the seminar locations.
India Fellows Program Schedule 2016
||June 13, 2016 to August 1, 2016
|In Person Interviews
||October 1, 2016
||Q1 of 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of India Fellows Program
India Fellows Program Eligibility Criteria
||Open to All
The Fellows we seek are:
- Innovators who either started an organization or enterprise, or who are driving change within an existing organization or company.
- Men and women of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English.
- Indians who demonstrate a commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive yearlong personal transformation and leadership journey.
- There is neither a minimum age requirement, nor a maximum age cut off.
- English Proficiency is must
- There are no specific academic prerequisites
India Fellows Program Reward
- Acumen covers all program-related expenses during the year-long fellowship. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation, and visas.
- The India Fellows Program usually conducts seminars in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Mysore.
- As this is a part-time program, Regional Fellows do not receive any stipend or insurance.
- On successful completion of the fellowship from any of the Regional Fellows Programs, Fellows receive a certificate of completion.
India Fellows Program Application form and Process
Steps for filling the Application Form
India Fellows Program Application Process 2016 can be made through both Online and Offline Mode. Candidate can fill their Application till August 1, 2016. They must read the application instructions carefully before filling the application Form.
Click Here to Apply Online
Download Application Form
Steps for filling the Application Form
- Personal & Contact Information
- Social Change Work
- Work Experience
- Resume Upload
- Academic Experience
- Awards & Recognitions
- Referral Source
- What motivated you to start working in social change? What motivates you to keep going today? (200 words)
- What will you bring and what do you hope to get from the Acumen Fellows community? (200 words)
- What problem are you trying to solve? How is your approach addressing the root causes of this problem? (200 words)
- Please describe the social problem your organization is focused on solving (for example, access to clean drinking water in rural villages), and why you believe that you are addressing the root cause of this problem.
- What did you learn, about yourself, from your greatest failure? (200 Words)
- Read Acumen’s Manifesto. Tell us a story about how you’ve seen one line of the Acumen Manifesto play out in your own life. (200 Words)
- Our Manifesto articulates the kind of leadership we aspire to. We hope that everyone in the Acumen community – our Fellows, our entrepreneurs, our staff – not only carries the Manifesto with them in their work, but applies it in all aspects of their lives.
Enclosures to be submitted along with the Application form
- Background information
- Short & long answer questions
What makes a good application?
A good application is the one which is well-written, clear, and concise. All responses should answer the question as directly and succinctly as possible.
Submission of the Application Form
The duly filled in Application Form along with the above-mentioned enclosures has to be submitted online before August 1, 2016
India Fellows Program Selection Process
- After reviewing all of the applications, a subset of candidates will be selected for 30- minute phone interviews to be conducted on August 2016
- Following these phone interviews, our team will select a group of finalists who will be invited to attend a day-long in-person interview day called a “Selection Conference” will be held on October 1, 2016, in Mumbai
- Once all candidates have been interviewed, the selection team will make a final decision
- The first seminar of the program will take place in the first quarter of 2016.
India Fellows Program Address
203 Dheeraj Plaza
Hill Road, Bandra West
Mumbai, 400050, INDIA
India Fellows Program Contact Details
T: +91 (22) 6740-1500
F: +91 (22) 6740-1550
Aga Khan Scholarship or International Scholarship Programme (ISP) is provided by Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and provides a limited number of ... Read More
Developing Solution Master’s Scholarship is offered to students of Commonwealth Countries to study in the UK and pursue Master’s Degree in... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a coding program on global level organized by Google for helping & developing students with open source, free soft... Read More