A Star India Youth Scholarship 2017- Study in Singapore
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About A Star India Youth Scholarship
The A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate.The A Star India Scholarship is for studies in Singapore, for the students excelling academically and who have a passion for Science.
It offers a wide range of attractive teaching scholarships and awards to students with good academic achievements, rigorous thinking, leadership skills, communication skills and personal attributes as befit those bound for teaching.
Once selected, in which class will the Student Proceed to?
- The A Star India Youth Scholarship is awarded to the students for studies in Academic Year 2017.
- The A Star India Youth Scholarship is for studies in selected schools in Singapore from Secondary 3 to Pre-University Level 2.
- All subjects are taught in English except Mother Tongue eg. Chinese, Malay and Tamil.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Important Dates
|Application Process begins
||12 June 2017
|Application Process Ends
||16 July 2017
|Conduct of Scholarship Test
||August End - Early September 2017
|Interview for Selection
||October End to early November 2017
|Award of A Star India Youth Scholarship
||Mid to late November 2017
|Arrival of Scholars in Singapore
||Late December 2017
- Type of Scholarship: Full-paid
Course Level: Secondary 3 to Pre-University Level 2
- Country of study: Malaysia
- Course Commence: December 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of A Star India Youth Scholarship
A Star India Youth Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Completed Class 8 in 2017
Nationality: Should be an Indian Citizen
Age: Should be born between 2001 & 2003
Academic Record: Should have secured minimum 80%/ minimum grade A with English as First Language in Class 7 & 8.
- Should be excellent in Oral & Written English
Not eligible for the scholarship
- Indian Students staying in Singapore cannot apply for this Scholarship.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Reward
The following benefits will be given to the candidates selected for the A Star India Youth Scholarship:
Annual allowance of S$2,200 (secondary)/ S$ 2,400(pre-university)
Hostel Accommodation is also provided to the students.
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
Other Benefits of A Star India Youth Scholarship
Settling-in allowance of S$400 - Given only once
- Return economy class air passage
Medical Benefits: Subsidized medical benefits and accident insurance cover.
- Any Miscellaneous Fees charged by the school will have to be paid by the scholar.
- The Scholarship is renewed annually subject to the performance of the students.
- There is no fixed number of scholarships that are given out every year, it depends on the performance of the students.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Application form and Process
A Star India Youth Scholarship Application Process will open from 12 June 2017, and will close on 16 July 2017.
- The Candidates can only apply Online for the Scholarship for A Star Youth India Scholarship
- Before applying online the student has to register themselves online and fill in the necessary details and upload a passport size photo and provide the Birth Certificate Number.
- Each Candidate can only submit one application.
The documents that are required to be submitted by the applicant for A Star India Youth Scholarship are:
- Birth certificate
- Identity card/passport (if any)
- Final examination Score Card for Class 7 & 8 (Past two years)
- The Candidate does not have to send the original documents.
- All the documents sent must be in English and if not they must be translated into English and along with that photocopy of the original documents should also be sent.
- The document has to be submitted in hard copy and sent to the address mentioned below.
- The candidate should indicate the Online Application Number on the Envelope.
- The Documents should reach Ministry of Education Singapore latest by 17 July 2017.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Selection Process
A Star India Youth Scholarship 2017 Selection Process
- Shortlisted candidates have to go through a Scholarship Test in Maths, English & General Ability
- Candidates who Qualify the Selection Test and are shortlisted for Interview will be intimidated one week before the Interview
- Scholarship Test & Interview would be conducted only in Delhi.
- The Candidates who are finally selected for A Star India Youth Scholarship will be notified by post and will be given a week's time to give acceptance on Scholarship.
Ministry of Education, Singapore
It directs and formulates the decisions regarding education in Singapore
A Star India Youth Scholarship Contact Details
Attn- Mr Ng Eng Joo
A*STAR India Youth Scholarship
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education, 1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block, Singapore- 138675
Hotline: +65 68722220
Fax: +65 67755826
Summer Internships at Institute of Science & Technology is conducted by IST Austria for candidates involved in Bachelors or Masters study for... Read More
International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, founded in 1954, is one of the oldest short film festivals in the world and one of the major i... Read More
NASA Space Settlement Contest 2018 is organized by NASA Ames in collaboration with National Space Society and seeks to give students an opportuni... Read More
Hornby Scholarship 2018 is offered by the Hornby Educational Trust in partnership with British Council to study a one-year full-time Master&rsquo... Read More