A Star India Youth Scholarship 2020 - Study in Singapore after class 8
100% Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 & Passed by AAKASH Apply Now
About A Star India Youth Scholarship
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate. The A-Star India Scholarship is for studies in Singapore, for the students excelling academically and who have a passion for Science.
It offers a wide range of attractive teaching scholarships and awards to students with good academic achievements, rigorous thinking, leadership skills, communication skills and personal attributes as befitting those bound for teaching.
Once selected, in which class will the Student Proceed to?
- The A-Star India Youth Scholarship is awarded to the students for studies in Academic Year 2020.
- The A Star India Youth Scholarship is for studies in selected schools in Singapore from Secondary 3 to Pre-University Level 2.
- All subjects are taught in English except Mother Tongue eg. Chinese, Malay, and Tamil.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Dates 2020
|Application Process begins
|Application Process Ends
|Selection Test and Interview
|Early October 2020
|Award of A Star India Youth Scholarship
|Early November 2020
|Arrival of Scholars in Singapore
|Early December 2020
A Star India Youth Scholarship - Important Details
- Type of Scholarship: Full-paid
- Course Level: Secondary 3 to Pre-University Level 2
- Country of study: Singapore
- Course Commence: December 2020
Subscribe for Regular Updates of A Star India Youth Scholarship
A Star India Youth Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|Completed Class 8 in 2020
- Nationality: Should be an Indian Citizen
- Age: Should be born between 2002 & 2004
- Academic Record: Should have secured minimum 80% or minimum grade A with English as First Language in Class 7 & 8.
- Should be excellent in Oral & Written English
Not eligible for A Star scholarship
- Indian Students staying in Singapore cannot apply for this Scholarship.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Reward
The following benefits will be given to the candidates selected for the A Star India Youth Scholarship:
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (secondary)/ S$ 2,400(pre-university)
- Hostel Accommodation is also provided to the students.
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
Other Benefits of A Star India Youth Scholarship
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 - Given only once
- Return economy class air passage
- Medical Benefits: Subsidized medical benefits and accident insurance cover.
- Any Miscellaneous Fees charged by the school will have to be paid by the scholar.
- The Scholarship is renewed annually subject to the performance of the students.
- There is no fixed number of scholarships that are given out every year, it depends on the performance of the students.
Note: The scholarship amount is subject to change. The candidates are advised to also check the official website for the same.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Application form and Process
A Star India Youth Scholarship Application Process will open in June 2020 and will close on July 2020. The link to apply online for A Star India Youth Scholarship is available below. The candidates can also send offline application form the same, however, online application is highly recommended.
Click here to Apply Online for A Star Youth Scholarship
- The Candidates can only apply Online for the Scholarship for A Star Youth India Scholarship
- Before applying online the student has to register themselves online and fill in the necessary details and upload a passport size photo and provide the Birth Certificate Number.
- Each Candidate can only submit one application.
List of documents required to submit with A Star India Youth Scholarship
- Birth certificate
- Identity card/passport (if any)
- Final examination Score Card for Class 7 & 8 (Past two years)
- The Candidate does not have to send the original documents.
- All the documents sent must be in English and if not they must be translated into English and along with that photocopy of the original documents should also be sent.
- The document has to be submitted in hard copy and sent to the address mentioned below.
- The candidate should indicate the Online Application Number on the Envelope.
- The Documents should reach the Ministry of Education Singapore by the due date
A Star Youth Scholarship Selection Test
- Shortlisted candidates have to go through a Scholarship Test in Maths, English & General Ability
- Candidates who qualify the Selection Test and are shortlisted for Interview will be intimidated one week before the Interview
- Scholarship Test & Interview would be conducted only in Delhi.
- The Candidates who are finally selected for A Star India Youth Scholarship will be notified by post and will be given a week's time to give acceptance on Scholarship.
Ministry of Education, Singapore: It directs and formulates the decisions regarding education in Singapore.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Contact Details
A*STAR India Youth Scholarship
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education, 1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block, Singapore- 138675
Hotline: +65 68722220
Fax: +65 67755826
SOF IMO Level 2 Result has been announced by SOF for the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO). The last date to apply for the same is 30... Read More
Green Olympiad 2022 is an online examination on the environment for school students organized by TERI. Green Olympiad was initiated by TERI ... Read More
IOQM 2022 (The Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted in 26 regions in India and the shortlisted candidat... Read More
NSTSE 2022 is a talent search exam that is conducted by Unified Council. National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE) will be co... Read More