A Star India Youth Scholarship 2018- Study in Singapore
About A Star India Youth Scholarship
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate. The A Star India Scholarship is for studies in Singapore, for the students excelling academically and who have a passion for Science.
It offers a wide range of attractive teaching scholarships and awards to students with good academic achievements, rigorous thinking, leadership skills, communication skills and personal attributes as befit those bound for teaching.
Once selected, in which class will the Student Proceed to?
- The A Star India Youth Scholarship is awarded to the students for studies in Academic Year 2018.
- The A Star India Youth Scholarship is for studies in selected schools in Singapore from Secondary 3 to Pre-University Level 2.
- All subjects are taught in English except Mother Tongue eg. Chinese, Malay, and Tamil.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Dates 2018
|Application Process begins
||18 June 2018
|Application Process Ends
||22 July 2018
|Selection Test and Interview
||Early October 2018
|Award of A Star India Youth Scholarship
||Early November 2018
|Arrival of Scholars in Singapore
||Early December 2018
A Star India Youth Scholarship - Important Details
- Type of Scholarship: Full-paid
- Course Level: Secondary 3 to Pre-University Level 2
- Country of study: Malaysia
- Course Commence: December 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of A Star India Youth Scholarship
A Star India Youth Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Completed Class 8 in 2018
- Nationality: Should be an Indian Citizen
- Age: Should be born between 2002 & 2004
- Academic Record: Should have secured minimum 80%/ minimum grade A with English as First Language in Class 7 & 8.
- Should be excellent in Oral & Written English
Not eligible for the scholarship
- Indian Students staying in Singapore cannot apply for this Scholarship.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Reward
The following benefits will be given to the candidates selected for the A Star India Youth Scholarship:
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (secondary)/ S$ 2,400(pre-university)
- Hostel Accommodation is also provided to the students.
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
Other Benefits of A Star India Youth Scholarship
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 - Given only once
- Return economy class air passage
- Medical Benefits: Subsidized medical benefits and accident insurance cover.
- Any Miscellaneous Fees charged by the school will have to be paid by the scholar.
- The Scholarship is renewed annually subject to the performance of the students.
- There is no fixed number of scholarships that are given out every year, it depends on the performance of the students.
Note: The scholarship amount is subject to change. The candidates are advised to also check the official website for the same.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Application form and Process
A Star India Youth Scholarship Application Process will open from 18 June 2018 and will close on 22 July 2018. The link to apply online for A Star India Youth Scholarship is available below. The candidates can also send offline application form the same, however, online application is highly recommended.
Click here to Apply Online for A Star Youth Scholarship
- The Candidates can only apply Online for the Scholarship for A Star Youth India Scholarship
- Before applying online the student has to register themselves online and fill in the necessary details and upload a passport size photo and provide the Birth Certificate Number.
- Each Candidate can only submit one application.
List of documents are required to submit along with A Star India Youth Scholarship
- Birth certificate
- Identity card/passport (if any)
- Final examination Score Card for Class 7 & 8 (Past two years)
- The Candidate does not have to send the original documents.
- All the documents sent must be in English and if not they must be translated into English and along with that photocopy of the original documents should also be sent.
- The document has to be submitted in hard copy and sent to the address mentioned below.
- The candidate should indicate the Online Application Number on the Envelope.
- The Documents should reach Ministry of Education Singapore latest by 22 July 2018.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Selection Process
- Shortlisted candidates have to go through a Scholarship Test in Maths, English & General Ability
- Candidates who Qualify the Selection Test and are shortlisted for Interview will be intimidated one week before the Interview
- Scholarship Test & Interview would be conducted only in Delhi.
- The Candidates who are finally selected for A Star India Youth Scholarship will be notified by post and will be given a week's time to give acceptance on Scholarship.
Ministry of Education, Singapore: It directs and formulates the decisions regarding education in Singapore.
A Star India Youth Scholarship Contact Details
A*STAR India Youth Scholarship
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education, 1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block, Singapore- 138675
Hotline: +65 68722220
Fax: +65 67755826
Doodle 4 Google India contest organised by Google invites entries from Indian students to design and submit Doodle 4 Google on the topic. The com... Read More
Inlaks Theatre Awards 2019 is given for skill enhancement in the field of theatre Inlaks India Foundation. Inlaks Theatre Awards aims t... Read More
INSPIRE Fellowship 2018: Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is an initiative of Government of India that offer... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More