UPSC Scholarship worth Rs.1.25 Lakh awarded to 55 candidates who successfully cleared the Union Public Service Commission preliminary exam. This scholarship is given by the Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal in a programme at the chief minister's conference hall at Janata Bhawan on Friday. The scholarship amount of Rs.1.25 Lakh was given to each candidate for the preparation of the UPSC main examination. UPSC is a central recruiting agency of India. The body is responsible for conducting examinations for All India services.
Chief Minister said that the better opportunities have to be provided to the young & talented minds of the state and the state government is committed to it. The amount of scholarship that provided to the qualified candidates of the UPSE prelims has been increased from Rs. 50,000 to Rs.1.25 Lakh.
Key Points of UPSC Scholarship Distribution to Candidates
- The UPSC Scholarship Amount has now been increased from Rs.55,000 to Rs.1.25 Lakh.
- The UPSC coaching programme has been extended from 25 days to five months.
- The UPSC coaching programme is conducted by the State-level Advisory Committee for students and youth welfare.
- The Minister said that the UPSC coaching programmes will be conducted in colleges around the year.
- The coaching is conducted under the guidance of SLAC (State Level Advisory Committee) to enable students to prepare for national-level competitive examinations.
About UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
The UPSC preliminary exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Forest Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), etc. It is conducted in two phases - a preliminary examination consisting of two objective-type papers (general studies and aptitude test), and the main examination consisting of nine papers of conventional (essay) type, followed by a personality test (interview).
About SLAC (State Level Advisory Committee)
The State Level Advisory Committee for Students and Youth Welfare of Govt. of Assam functions under Department of Sports & Youth Welfare. The main objective of SLAC is to mobilize resources for the youth of Assam to realize their potential in various fields. SLAC was formed to undertake a series of planned activities benefitting the Youth of Assam.
In case of any query related to this News, you can write to us in the comment section below: