UGC NET 2018 notification has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) - There are two major changes in the UGC NET Exam this year which are; the alteration in eligibility criteria and exam pattern. Candidate can check the new exam pattern, eligibility criteria, and dates here. CBSE will conduct the NET 2018 on 8 July 2018 at 91 centres across the country. CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application process will start from 6 March 2018.
Previously University Grant Commission was the conducting body for National Eligibility Test. Last year more than 9 lakhs candidate registered for the same. However, around 7 lakhs appeared for UGC NET. The last to apply for CBSE NET 2018 is 5 April 2018. NET 2018 will be held on 8 July 2018 at 91 centres across the country. Exam would be conducted in two sessions which are given below -
- Morning Session - 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Afternoon Session - 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
UGC NET 2018 - Changes this year
Two major changes have been introduced in the eligibility criteria and exam pattern. The changes are -
- There will only be two papers instead of three papers.
- Paper 1 will be the general aptitude test. This paper would be of 100 marks and will contain 50 questions of 2 marks each.
- Paper 2 will be of 200 marks and will contain 100 objective questions of 2 marks each.
- The age limit of JRF has been increased from 28 years to 30 years. However, there is no age limit for the Assistant Professor post.
About UGC NET
National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by CBSE for the eligibility for one of the following Indian Universities and colleges for Assistant Professor Post and JRF Post. NET examination holds twice in a year, once in December-January and second times in June-July. Central Board of Secondary Education conducts NET examination on behalf of UGC.
Click Here for More Educational News
In case of any query regarding this news, you can write to us in the comment section below.