St. Stephen's College, one of the prestigious colleges of the University of Delhi, is likely to introduce BA (Hons) in Political Science from 2017. The decision is being taken by St Stephens College as the University of Delhi had earlier decided to launch additional courses in some of its 63 affiliated colleges from this academic session. However, the final decision will be made after a nod from the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Beside St Stephens College, Swami Shraddhanand and Bhagini Nivedita College are also planning to start BA (Hons) in Political Science from this academic year.
- Earlier, the Executive Council has approved the proposal of the University of Delhi on 28 February 2017. The move is now allowing St Stephens College to start BA (Hons.) in Political Science from this academic year.
- St. Stephens Colleges is applying for approval from the respective agencies and authorities.
- The final decision will be made after a nod from the funding agency, which is a part of the Delhi government for a dozen colleges, and also from the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- The approval is expected to be cleared before the new academic session 2017-18 begins in July.
- DU Admission 2017
- DU Entrance Exam 2017: Delhi University Entrance Test for UG Admission
- SOL DU Admission 2017 - School of Open Learning Delhi University
- Delhi College of Arts Admissions 2017 in BFA
A senior officer from the St Stephens College said, “We had approached the University for an Approval for starting the course. We are told that it has been granted but we haven’t received any official communication yet. Once we get it, the process for rolling out the course will begin and required arrangements will be made.”
Other Undergraduate Course Offered at St Stephens College
St Stephens College offers honors courses in the following subjects:
- BA English
- BA History
- BA Sanskrit
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Physics
- BSc Computer Science.
- BSc Chemistry
- BA Philosophy
- BA Economics
How to Get admission in St. Stephens College
St Stephens College has its own norms and procedure for admission in the Undergraduate programs. Earlier the college used to select the students on the basis of personal interviews and cut-offs announced after the Class XII exam results. From the last year, the college has included a 30 Minute aptitude test for the candidates selected in cut-off lists.
Since St Stephen is a minority college of the University of Delhi it releases separate cut-offs for Christian, Dalit, non-Christian tribal and Christian tribal students and for disabled candidates also.
Last year, over 32,000 students have applied for admission in total 400 seats at St Stephens College.
In a case of any query related to this news, you can write us in the comment section below.