The PSAT/NMSQT or Preliminary SAT/ National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a program supported by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). The PSAT provides SAT exposure to the candidate and qualifies them for further scholarships and perks from NMSC.
What PSAT Tests
- Presence of mind and critical reading skills
- Math problem solving skills
- Writing skills
PSAT tests skills that have been accumulated by the candidate through the course of his schooling and does not emphasize on memorizing facts.
Why Take PSAT/NMSQT tests
- It asses your strengths and weaknesses of skills which are needed for college and in turn allows you to fortify the areas which need improvement.
- It helps identify your level by enabling you to compare results with your peers
- It is a stepping stone to the SAT tests
- It enables you to avail NMSC scholarships ( only for candidates from class eleven)
- It provides an avenue to compare college options for the future when you check 'yes' to Student Search Service.
How To Register For PSAT
- The application forms for PSAT are available for download on the United States-India Education Foundation ( www.usief.org.in)
- The students can not apply for PSAT online.
- Visit the nearest USIEF office ( Offices are in Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi) and pay the registration either in the form of cash or demand draft. Submit a passport size photo and Identification proof.
- On submission of the particulars and the fee, the candidate will receive a PSAT admit card. ( The admit card is required on the day of the test )
Last date for registration is September 5
The Test will be held on October 18, 2014
The test fee for PSAT ( registration fee) is Rs.2000
PSAT Is an excellent foundation for SAT's and act as a bridge between the two educational systems ( USA and India) It is an excellent platform to prepare for SAT's and to adjust to American Exam taking methods.