The Delhi University has introduced a new course, which is Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law from the session year 2018-19. The course has been described by the University officials as a niche subject of modern studies. The Cyber Security and Law application process started from 18 May. The last date to submit Cyber Security and Law application form is 7 June 2018. It is an advanced Penetration Testing & Information Security Training Engineering Programme. During the course, students will be provided practical sessions in their subject and 42 weeks training by the industry experts managing security of banks and government.
The DU Admission for UG Courses 2018 started from 15 May, while PG Courses and Ph.D., M.Phil. from 18 and 20 May, respectively. The Online registration for the merit-based courses as well as DU Entrance Exam 2018 for UG Admission closes on 7 June. In addition to these admissions, the Delhi University is also holding Open Day Sessions for the aspirants and parents from 21 May to 29 May 2018 (except Sunday). As per reports, 700 people have turned up for the session on its second day. There will be 50 seats for the course. The classes will be organised at Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies.
Note: In just 3-4 days from the date of registration, the University has witnessed more than 150 registrations for the course, which shows zeal and enthusiasm of the aspirants for the course.
PG Diploma in Cyber Security and Law Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for PGDCSL candidates must be a graduate or have a higher degree in any of the following programmes:
- Science with Physics & Chemistry
- Information Technology
- Engineering in Technology (Computer Science/Electronics/Electronics & Communication, Information Technology)
- M. Tech or any other degree equivalent thereto.
Note: The Admissions to PGDCSL will be on merit-basis which is based on marks obtained by the candidate in graduation and personal interview.
Admission Process for PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law
The admission process for PGDCSL Course has been provided below:
- Stage 1: Stage 1 comprises the determination of the candidate’s marks obtained (CGPA equivalent thereto) in UG or in the degree on the basis of which admission is sought.
- Stage 2: The candidates qualifying the stage 1 admission will be called for Personal Interview.
- Stage 3: Finally, a combined merit shall be drawn, comprising 85% merit from Stage 1 and 15% from Stage 2.
Note: Those candidates who are Final Year Students of UG/PG Course (as Qualifying Degree) can also apply. However, these candidates will be eligible for admission subject to the submission of the certificate of pass, thus, meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law - Reservation Criteria and Application Fee
Reservation Criteria: There are total 50 seats for the course. As per University rules, 15% seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC.
- The application fee for unreserved category and OBC is INR 2000.
- The application fee for reserved categories like SC/ST/PwD/CW is INR 1500.
In view of the rising of cyber-crimes throughout the world in the current decade, the decision of DU to start this course seems to be a step in right direction.