Kerala High Court upheld the decision of Admission Supervisory Committee that MAT Scores will not be accepted for MBA Admission. Earlier in the month of May, the Admission Supervisory Committee has ordered that the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) will no longer be accepted in professional colleges for admission in MBA course.
- In June 2016 ASC decided that no entrance examination conducted by non-governmental agencies will be accepted for MBA admission except KMAT (Kerala) conducted by the Universities in Kerala, under the supervision of the ASC, CAT conducted by the Indian Institute of Management and CMAT conducted by the AICTE.
Now, as per the decision of Kerala High court, MAT scores would not be accepted for the MBA admission. So the following scores will be accepted for the admission in MBA.
- KMAT- KMAT Kerala, Kerala Management Aptitude Test for MBA admission in top institutes in Kerala, held twice in a year to admission for an academic session.
- CAT- Common Admission Test is conducted for the admission into various Post Graduation Management programs in IIMs and other Indian universities and colleges.
- CMAT- CMAT is a National Level Management Admission Test which is administrated by the AICTE for the graduate students for admissions to the MBA colleges. Get details on CMAT>>> Common Management Admission Test.
The Kerala High Court dismissed the petition filed by the students and upheld that no admission will be accepted for the MBA Programme conducted through the entrance examination by the non-governmental agencies except for some of the management entrance test given above. Get the list of the top MBA colleges in India by following the link below.
Highlights of the NEWS
- The division bench passed the verdict while dismissing the petition filed by two students from a self-financing college.
- The petition filled by the students of self-financing college at Pathananamthitta challenged the order of ASC that was issued on June 2016.
- The petitioners who were doing the MBA course in the college under the NRI quota also challenged the ASC order of turning down approval of their admission in the course by holding the fact that they were not rightly qualified to get admission in MBA course as they had only passed the MAT exam
- Therefore, the KMAT, CAT and CMAT scores will be accepted for the admission in MBA colleges as said by the Kerala High Court.
Read about the other MBA entrance exams: List of MBA Entrance Exams