KEA has announced KCET 2018 Result on 1 June. However, KEA has recently given an option to the candidates to enter their board exam marks in their filled application form. A link to check KCET result is provided on this page. To get their KCET result 2018, applicants are required to enter their registration number and provided security image in the space provided. KCET 2018 was conducted from April 18 to April 20. Vijayapura's Shridhar Dodamani has topped KCET 2018 exam followed by Narayan Pai as the 2nd topper. This entrance exam is conducted for admission in B.Tech programs in various engineering colleges in Karnataka.
The KCET Score Card 2018 is available through online mode. Candidates can read the simple steps to get their respective Karnataka common entrance test result easily.
The steps to download the KCET result are:
- Step 1: Click on the link provided on this page to check KCET 2018 result
- Step 2: Enter the registration number and security image
- Step 3: Click submit and verify the details mentioned in it
- Step 4: Karnataka common entrance test score card will display on your computer screens
Latest Update - KCET Result 2018 Announced - Check Here
Candidates must go through the filled credentials before submitting them. No Score Card will be available for the candidates who have entered an invalid registration number. After getting the scorecard every candidate is requested to cross check it and take a copy of their qualified KCET result 2018 for future preferences.
After qualifying in the result the candidates will be called up for counselling round. Every qualified candidate will be called up for counselling process according to their rank in the merit list. To qualify for the counselling round the applicants must have scored minimum KCET cut off.
Latest Update from KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority)
However this year the KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) has planned to come up with a new application to help candidates during the counselling process. The application will include various features which will help them in solving the queries related to the counselling process. With the help of this application, the applicants will be able to get their documents verified online easily instead of going to the centre to get their documents verified for further admission process.
KCET Result 2018 Tie Breaking Criteria:
If in case, two or more candidates are scoring the same marks, then the below mentioned tie-breaking criteria will be followed. The measures to break the tie between the candidates are:
- Candidate scoring highest in Mathematics will be preferred the better rank
- If the tie persist, then the candidate scored higher marks in Physics entrance exam will be preferred above
- If still, the tie persists then the candidates scored highest in Physics (class 10+2) will be awarded the better rank
- The last measure to break the tie is that the elder candidate is awarded by the better rank
In case of any query related to KCET 2018, you can write to us in the comment section below.