JEE Main 2018 Registration Process has been closed on 2 January 2018 and once again the fall is noticed in the number of applications this year. From the past few years, the number of applicants for the JEE Main is getting reduced. The CBSE which is also the conducting body of JEE Main has issued the stats presenting the data of the number of applicants for the JEE Main from the year 2013 to 2018. And as per the data, there is no rise in the number of applicants instead it is decreasing every year. Well, there are many possibilities of dropping in the number which is discussed on this page.
Around 11.48 Lakhs students have enrolled to appear in JEE Main Exam this year which is less in comparison to the previous year. However, the number of Applicants from Maharashtra has marginally gone up this year.
No of Registration Figures in Lakhs
Drop in JEE Main 2018 Registration - Major Reasons!
- Increasing the popularity of the courses such as management and law among the youth these days
- No lucrative job offers after completing the Engineering Degree.
- Increasing difficulty level of the question paper might be the one reason for the reduction in the number of applications
- Not getting a seat in the preferable institute even after having the good marks
- Losing the prestige of the Engineering Degree. It does not hold the reputations as it did before.
- Preferring Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the state board
- By doing this the candidates get the institutes closer to their home
- Moreover, the level of difficulty for CET lessen in comparison with JEE
Also Read -
In case of any query regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below.