JEE Main 2018 Aadhar Notification is released by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) on 23 November 2017. It is known to the students that from the year 2017 onwards, the Aadhar has become mandatory for JEE Main 2018 Registration. CBSE notifies that the applicants who are having their Aadhaar cards with them shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in the online application for JEE(Main) 2018 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication proof.
The brochure for JEE Mains 2018 has been released on 22 November 2017, and the application will start from 1 December 2017. Know the reason why the Aadhar has become requisite for the JEE Main Registration and other details.
What JEE Main 2018 Aadhar Notification has to say
- The Indian candidates who want to apply for JEE Main 2018 should have Aadhaar Card number issued by UIDAI.
- The candidates have to enter correct their Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI's data while filling the JEE Main 2018 Application Form
- Aadhaar has been made compulsory because the use of Aadhaar for the applicants of JEE Main 2018 will result in the accuracy of the applicants’ details.
- This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient way and will take less time and effort.
- As by using Aadhaar the need for producing multiple documents for identification gets eliminated.
Candidates Who Have Not Yet Enrolled for Aadhaar
It is announced for all the applicants who have not yet enrolled for Aadhaar that they are required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment. These applicants can visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
CBSE has specially set up facilitation Centre for those applicant's who have not yet enrolled for Aadhar card number. Applicants who have not enrolled for Aadhaar and has not received Aadhaar should enter 28 digit Aadhar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhar enrolment slip at the time of filling the online application form for JEE Main 2018.
Aadhar is not mandatory for all in JEE Main 2018 Registration
This provision is applicable in all the states except North Eastern States like J&K, Assam & Meghalaya. The applicants who have passed or appearing in Class 12 examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided for their identification. They are required to select the city of examination in these states only.
For any queries regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below