Grants and Scholarships through GATE 2017

Sep 2017 Source:

AAKASH ANTHE Scholarship upto 100% Register FREE
Free Olympiad SMS Alerts Register Now
100% Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 & Passed by AAKASH Apply Now
FREE SMS Alerts Register Now
FREE Trip to NASA Apply Now
10th, 12th Board Exams SMS Update Register Now
Online Scholarship Exam from Home Register FREE

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test which is basically the gateway for engineering students aspiring to pursue post graduate studies in Indian Higher Education Institutes. The Indian Institutes of Sciences ( IISc) and the 7 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) which oversees the conducting of the GATE exams on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India have zonal GATE offices on campus for the respective zones The Organizing Institute (OI) is in charge of the end-to-end methodology and coordination amongst the directing establishments.The Organizing Institute for GATE 2017 is IIT Kanpur.


GATE 2015: Grants & Scholarships for Students

Grants/Scholarship through GATE (for Post-graduate Programs)

  • In order to secure a grant to pursue masters or doctors program in technology/architecture/ Engineering, the candidate must have a substantial GATE score and it is a pre-requisite for getting a grant from the Ministry of Human Resources Development. 
  • In the selection process for the grant, a 70% weightage will go towards the GATE score and the remaining 30% weightage will be directed towards the candidate's scholastic achievements.
  • The selection process for a grant from a private organization is similar to the one enunciated by the MHRD and the reservation policy will comply with the one designed by the government but the awarding of a grant is completely left to the Organization's discretion.
  • Earlier the students were getting a scholarship of Rs. 8000 per month from AICTE but due to change in regulatory powers the GATE has been undertaken by UGC.
  • Now according to the norms of University Grants Commission, GATE qualified students pursuing MTech will get Rs 12,400 as stipend each month.
  • All GATE qualified students will be eligible for the scholarship and the scholarship will be valid for all Universities and Colleges in India for the Master of Engineering (ME) and Master of Technology (M Tech) courses.

Get Details About GATE 2018

Admission to foreign University on the basis of GATE Score

 GATE score is accepted for admission by following universities outside India

  •  Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
  • National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
  • Technical University of Germany

 These universities award following degrees:

  • M.Sc (Engg) - coursework based
  • M.Eng - research based 

GATE scores are also taken into consideration by certain organizations for employment opportunities. Public Sector Undertakings such as  Oil Partnership Limited, National Thermal Power Corporation, Power Grid India and others have used GATE scores for determining candidates for the interview stage of their recruiting process.

 GATE exams test the candidate on his understanding of basic undergraduate subjects such as Engineering/Technology/Architecture and also test the candidate's understanding of Science at a post-graduate level.

List of Scholarships for students

In case, of any query regarding the Grants and Scholarships through GATE 2017, you can write to us in the comment section below

Subscribe for Regular Updates

Delivered by FeedBurner

Scholarships - Deadline Approaching