Delhi University is all set to introduce a diploma course on disability from the next academic session. If everything goes well, then it would be the first of its kind course in the city. The news came in notice when DU Vice Chancellor, Yogesh Tyagi spoke about this course in an event. Mr Tyagi said - "Delhi University intends to start a centre for disability studies soon. In this program, several courses will be offered and it will also focus on mainstreaming the subject by introducing research."
- Delhi University will also launch a one-year postgraduate diploma program in Cyber Security and Law.
The preparatory committee for this program consists of eight members. The committee will conduct its first meeting on 14 December to discuss the proposal and set up the center. According to the chairperson of the committee Anil Aneja, this initiative is an extension of Delhi University endeavors for quality. Hence, the center will be designed in such a way that it can work as a single point window to supplement and take the discipline forward.
The purpose of starting Disability Course in DU
- Aneja promised that the center would try its best to create working professionals who will focus on disability.
- He also told that several NGOs, colleges, schools also hire high demand professionals.
- It is because many companies take it as a way to support such people by providing them work through corporate social responsibilities.
- The center also intends on setting up an archive to build a network of data on disability from across the world to help researchers.
- He also told that they already have several departments in the university which help and allow research on disability but this center is specially designed to focus on the research program.
- The chairperson said that such a center is very important because innovation is very important to improve accessibility and make inclusion and assimilation possible.
- The basic idea for this program is to involve both disabled and non-disabled people.
- This step has been taken because in all over the world disability has become an important part of the curriculum.
Delhi University PG Diploma in Cyber Security and Law
Delhi University intends to launch a one-year postgraduate diploma program in Cyber Security and Law. This step will be taken by the approval of the regulatory bodies. The main aim of the University is to enter the Teaching and Research Domain in Cyber Security and Allied Disciplines with this programme.
This programme is introduced for the need of professionals who are capable of managing end to end security for varied virtual platforms and websites, banks and financial intermediaries, social media platforms, industrial applications, mobile data and cloud interface. DU Registrar Tarun Adarsh informed, "The course envisages training professionals with practical handling in the detection of vulnerability and creating a resilient system."
In case of any query regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below