DU Third Cut Off 2017 may see lower marks, Nearly 50% seats filled so far. At the end of admission under the second cut off half of the seats are filled in popular Delhi University colleges such as Lady Shri Ram, Miranda House, Kirori Mal College, Daulat Ram College, and Ramjas College. Around 28,000 seats are still left in DU colleges and will be allotted in DU third cut off 2017. As per the latest reports from various DU Colleges, there will be a dip of up to 2 percent in most courses.
|DU Third Cut Off 2017||7 July 2017|
|Admission under Third Cut off list 2017||10 July 2017|
DU Third Cut Off 2017 May See Lower Marks - Highlights of the News!!
According to University Officials, they have approved admissions for 28,222 seats across colleges and the campus colleges have filled most of their seats. They also said that the fee payment process was still on and 23,317 applicants completed the process. Applicants can submit their fee by Wednesday noon. Admission of those candidates will be cancelled, who are not able to pay the fee amount.
- According to the member of the admission committee, Admission to Chemistry (Hons) is likely to be shut, seats are available for Economics and BCom at Sri Venkateswara. The cutoff across courses could go down by 0.25% to 1% points in the college. Seats are left in Economics and B.Com courses but the dip would be marginal.
- PC Tulsian, principal at Ramjas said that they have a few seats left in B.A. and B.Com programme. They also said that the cutoff list will be dropped by 0.25% to 0.5% points.
- Kamla Nehru College could bring down the third cutoff list by 0.25% to 0.75% points. The seats are left for honours courses in some subjects such as Economics, English and Political Science. According to Inderjeet Dagar, there could be a dip of up to 2% points at the college of vocational studies.
- Savita Roy, the principal of Daulat Ram College said that seats are available for almost all their courses. The admission in “Zoology, Biochemistry and certain combinations under the BA Programme are closed. However, they have at least 1 or 2 seats left in most courses, and they will declare the third cutoff list. The cutoff will drop by 1% or 1.5% points in Daulat Ram College.
- Pratibha Jolly, Principal at Miranda House said, admissions in BA (Hons) courses in Sociology and Philosophy would be closed and science courses are almost filled up. There will be a drop of less than one percent. However, in humanities, we still have seats in BA programme, BA (Hons) in Political Science and History (Hons) among others.
- The third cut-off list will be declared on 7 July 2017 and admissions under the list will continue till 10 July 2017.
Seats left in DU Colleges for DU Third Cut Off 2017
Shri Ram College of Commerce had closed the admission for Economic Honours after the declaration of the first cutoff. SRCC will close the admission for B.Com Honours after the declaration of the second cutoff.
- SRCC has a total 624 seats in these two undergraduate courses. RP Rustagi, officiating principal of SRCC has said that they have filled general and OBC seats for both courses. There is a possibility of a slight dip in the cutoff for reserved seats. SRCC Cut Offs 2017 -Third Cut Off Released!
- 525 seats have been filled out of the 783 seats at Lady Shri Ram. KMC Dinesh Khattar, officiating principal of LSR said that they have filled over 50% of their total seats i.e. 654 out of the 1,179 seats.
- Hindu college likely to close admissions for honours courses in Political Science, History, B.Com, Economics, and Sanskrit as they already approved nearly 800 admissions against their 752 seats.