Delhi Govt. School Student of class 10 and 12 to get Individual Career Counseling from the professionals to solve their career-related problems and their personal problems. This is the first of its kind project launched by the government and implemented by iDreamCareer.com with the support from UNDP India and Central Square Foundation. The career counselling will be conducted in three phases. In the initial two phases, approx. 4 lakh students had undergone a psychometric career evaluation, which has tested their aptitude, personality and their interests and each report were generated online.
The third phase has begun on 20 November 2017 and will last until the end of February 2018. The students of this phase will be given one on one counselling by EVGC. According to the officials, only 3% of private schools in Delhi provide counselling provisions.
Everything to know about Individual Career Counselling Project
The government has tied up with UNDP (United Nations Development Programme), and the counsellors have been appointed and their training process has also begun. The appointed counsellors will offer one-on-one counselling for all the students, data of which also will be available online and experts roped in for the purpose.
The Scheme will be extended to the Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology after the institution will become a state university. There are approx. 4 lakh students who are enrolled in class 10-12 in Delhi Govt. schools. There has been no provision for providing counselling to them so far to inform them about the career choices and about how to deal with the personal problems.”
What Government Officials have to say about the project?
- Manish Sisodia: As per the Deputy chief Minister Manish Sisodia, it is an initiative to help the students to decide their career. He said - "From the upcoming semester, the government will also offer a scholarship (fee waiver scheme) for the students who need it to pursue their higher studies in any of the six state universities in the national capital."
He further added - "The students who belong to the family covered under the National Food Security Scheme will get 100% fee waived off and the students from the families with 2.5 lakh annual income will get a 50% fee waiver."
- Atishi Marlena: The advisor to education minister Manish Sisodia said that - “There are a little over 200 EVGCs in the 1,024 government schools. So each EVGC will have to handle around five schools, which is why the third phase will take as long.”
Marlena also added that “Class 10 is pivotal, as your stream choice can impact your career choices as well. So we have started it from Class 10 so that they can make informed choices.”
Scholarships for Class 10 & 12 Student of Delhi Govt. School
The Deputy Chief Minister, Manish Sisodia also told that there would be a scholarship (fee waiver scheme) for the students who need financial assistance to pursue their higher studies. The scholarship would be given as per the following -
Scheme - The students who belong to the family covered under the National Food Security Scheme will get 100% fee waived off whereas the students from the families with 2.5 lakh annual income will get a 50% fee waiver."
Universities that would be covered under this Scholarship scheme
The government will offer the scholarship for the students who need financial help to pursue their higher studies in any of the six state universities in the national capital. The universities covered under the scheme are:
- GGS Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
- Delhi Technological University (DTU)
- Indraprastha Institute for Information Technology (IITD)
- Ambedkar University
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women and Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
In a case of any query related to this news, you can ask in the comment section below.