Ministry of Human Resource Development announced the names of the candidates shortlisted for interview for Commonwealth Scholarship in United Kingdom. Out of the applications received only 325 candidates have been shortlisted for the interviews to be conducted on November 27 & 30, 2015 and December 01, 2015.
The schedule of the interview has been provided within the list and as per the schedule the interviews will be conducted in 2 shifts i.e. at 09:00 am & at 12:00 Noon at
Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Higher Education, Scholarship Division,
West Block-1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6,
R. K. Puram, Sector-1,
New Delhi 110066.
The following instructions have been provided toward the end of the document:
- Travelling Allowance forms will be provided to the candidates in the Ministry.
- Documents to be carried: The candidates are advises to bring their original certificates, degrees/diplomas, proof of age, experience certificates and research or other paper that has been published in support of the education/research qualifications.
- Ph.D. Candidates should carry the following in order to be considered for Interview & Travelling allowance:
- A brief/synopsis of about 500-2000 words about your proposed research programme.
- Offer letter from the university as specified by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for seeking admission for 2016.
- Supporting statement completed by a potential Supervisor in the UK.
- The selected candidates are also advised to carry 'No Objection Certificate' with them in case they are employed.
- The candidates, who have been awarded grades from their university, must carry with them the duly certified conversion formula and the marks in the percentage.
- Online Application: The candidates are also required to make application on Electronic Application System and upload the following documents there:
- Passport size photograph
- Transcript of educational documents
- Birth Certificate
- An offer letter received from a UK university/institution the names of which are specified by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
- Order of Documents: The candidates should attach the following documents in the specified order along with EAS application:
- Plan of study, which should state clearly the aims and intentions of the study, though this may later be modified in the light of the negotiation with the scholar's supervisor.
- Photocopy of the reference from three referees.
- Self-attested copies of mark-sheets, degree certificates and age proof and university or college records in descending chronological order.
- Photocopy of N.O.C. from employer (if employed).
- Statement of conversion of Grades into exact percentage, duly certified by the University/ Institute concerned along with conversion formula.
CANDIDATES SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW