CISCE to set Annual Exam Papers for Class 9 and 10 from the academic year 2020. This is going to be the second major change in terms of academics, the first one was that CISCE will reduce the pass percentage of the students from the Examination year 2019 onwards.Chief executive and secretary of CISCE, Gerry Arathoon propounded this suggestion at the annual conference of Association of Schools for the Indian School Certificate in Jaipur. According to him, the step will bring uniformity in the council affiliated schools which will help to maintain a certain standard. There have also been concerns over some schools teaching beyond the curriculum which may put stress on pupils.
- This step has been taken to make the candidates well aware of the Board exam pattern, so that they will be ready for the examinations format followed by the respective Boards.
- Several schools already follow this rule where the class 9 and 11 question papers are set by the Boards before the students appear for the Board examinations in class 10 and 12.
Efforts made by CISCE
- CISCE has prepared the framework for the syllabus and all the schools have to follow it.
- CISCE will also make a checklist that all the schools are following this prescribed syllabus or not.
- Another principal also told that if in case the question paper got changed, then the students received a specimen question paper from the ICSE council.
- Now the students will have to appear for the examination based on the revised pattern, by this, the preparation will be better.
- It was also felt by the School principals of some schools who attended the conference that it will bring consistency between the boards as the HRD Ministry wanted all the boards to have the same syllabus.
What is the suggestion of the principals over this?
The council wants principals to give their suggestions for this change at the national conference of ASISC. South City International School Principal John Bagul gave his views on the reduction of passing marks from 35 to 33 for class 10 students and 40 to 35 for class 12 students. According to him, it will be ensured that the students don’t need grace marks to pass the exam. He also added that there was assurance of English to always be the priority subject.
For any queries regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below.