The Charles Wallace scholarship in the last 33 years has given more than 2700 grants and enabled mid-career artists and heritage conservators specializing performing and visual arts to visit and study in the United Kingdom to further refine their skills. The Scholarship is also open to applicants associated with fields of art management, curatorship, artist’s residencies and museum studies. The application for Charles Wallace Long term award 2015-16 for Arts & Heritage Conservation is open for application.
Charles Wallace Scholarships gives various kinds of scholarship given below to Indian students for study in UK
- Long term award for Arts & Heritage Conservation (Maximum for 1 year)
- Visiting Fellowships (For academicians, writers and translators- maximum 2-3 months)
- Short Research & Professional Visits- 10-15 grants are given in the field of History, literature, archaeology, History of art, Philosophy, Performing and Creative arts.
- Doctoral Study - For students in the final stage of their doctoral study.
- Artists residencies
- Museology- museology, archaeology, curating or conservation- (for 1 participant)
- Royal Court, Playwriting (participation in the Royal Court Theatre’s International Playwriting Residencies scheme)
Mr. Charles Wallace, in whose honor the Scholarships are awarded was born in Calcutta in the year 1855. He founded the Shaw Wallace company, one of the most famous British distilleries in India and died in the year 1916, leaving behind a handsome fortune of which some portion, is dedicated towards the betterment of the society he lived in.
The Charles Wallace India Trust ( CWIT ) was established in the year 1981, with the mutual agreement of both the English and Indian governments to function as an English charity. The British Council India, assists the CWIT in the selection process and provides administrative support including guidance to applicants to procure a VISA. The application form and particulars pertaining to eligibility criteria are available on the website of british council.
The application forms for the Charles Wallace Long Term Awards 2015-16 are to be submitted at the nearest British Council India office in hard copy format.
The deadline for Charles Wallace Scholarship application is November 15,2014
Applications submitted post the deadline will not be entertained under any circumstances whatsoever.
For further clarifications, contact: email@example.com