CBSE has issued Circular highlighting some of the important things for Open Text Based Assessment for Class 11 in the subjects of Geography, Economics and Biology.
- Questions will be provided to school: The schools will be provided the questions along with the relevant theme/text already provided by the CBSE.
- Questions will be provided through e-mail: The text and the question/s will be provided to schools through E-mail on their registered email-ids.
- Text and Questions will be mailed in the 1st week of February, 2014-The text and question/s will be mailed in the first week of February 2014. Their Marking Scheme will follow soon.
- Compulsory for schools to use OTBA Questions: The schools are compulsorily required to use the OTBA Questions provided by the CBSE though email (to be inserted in the Question Paper prepared by the school) .
- Schools can't change OTBA Questions: Schools are not allowed to completely change the OTBA question provided by the Board. However the schools can make minor modification in the OTBA question to the extent of factual errors, grammatical mistakes, etc.
- Schools cannot replace the Questions: Due care has been taken by the CBSE while preparing these questions and under no circumstance; the question should be replaced by the one of a different difficulty level/testing objective.
- Provide relevant Text/ Questions to Students: Please ensure that the relevant text with questions is also provided to the students.
CBSE -Note to the teacher for conducting OTBA Exam
- Teachers may also note that the questions based on the OTBA are open-ended. The objective of these questions is to allow students to present their perspective on the given question/swith reference to the OTBA material, concepts learnt during the teaching- learning session in Class 11, discussions held in the classroom and their own awareness of the given theme/text.
- It is important that a student must be able to present his/her arguments logically, coherently and cogently. Hence while teachers are correcting their answers, it is important to be open minded about the students’ views. The answers included in the Marking Scheme supplied give only a few indicative points to a particular question.
- Due credit should be given to the relevance of the content, analysis, logical presentation of arguments and conclusions drawn in the answer.
Class 9 OTBA Material by CBSE
Class 11 OTBA Material by CBSE
Circular by CBSE on OTBA- Dated December 10, 2013Circular by CBSE on OTBA- Dated January 28, 2014
Related Link: FAQs for OTBA Test by CBSE