AFCAT will be Conducted Online from next year. The registration process will start from 15 December 2017 and the eligible candidates would be able to fill the application form. This system of online examination for the Indian Air Force is launched by Minister of State for Defense “ Mr Subhash Bhamre." According to a press statement, the Indian Air Force will implement this project from January 2018 for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) for Officer’s cadre and Scheduled Test for Airmen Recruitment (STAR) for Airmen cadre.
Indian Air Force (IAF) is the first of the three services who take up the online testing process for selecting the officers and airmen cadres. This online system has developed in collaboration with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C- DAC)
AFCAT will be conducted online from Next Year - Major Highlights!
- With the help of this new system, nearly 4 Lakh candidates can sit for airmen selection test and nearly 2 Lakh candidates for the officer’s selection twice a year.
- The number examination centres for this new system would be 760 centres all over the country. Previously, the number of examination centres was 100 across India for officer cadre exam and 14 for Airmen selection exam.
- The officers in the IAF come from three routes - National Defence Academy (NDA), Combined Defence Services (CDS) and AFCAT. Hence, the online exam will be valid for all three routes.
- The project will be implemented from the January 2018 for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) for Officer’s cadre and Scheduled Test for Airmen Recruitment (STAR) for Airmen cadre.
- Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment 2018
- Selection in Indian Air Force through NDA Entrance Exam
- AFCAT 1/2018 for January 2019 Batch
In case of any query regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below.