KEAM Eligibility is for those candidates who are seeking admission in various courses on bachelor level program through the Kerala State Entrance Exam (KEAM). The Eligibility for appearing in the KEAM Engineering Entrance Exam is given on this page. The students from outside Kerala are also eligible to appear in the exam but they have to fulfill the eligibility condition. Scroll down to get the succinct view on KEAM Eligibility.
The CEE will conduct Entrance Examination for admission to Engineering Courses only. However, candidates seeking admission to B.Pharm course shall have to appear for and qualify in Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination. The CEE will not conduct any Entrance Examination for admission to B.Arch. course and Medical & Allied courses. However, candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. course should compulsorily appear for and qualify in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
KEAM Keralite/ Non-Keralite Eligibility Conditions
Nativity of Candidates: Candidate should be an Indian resident of Kerala origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be considered as Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission and any kind of reservations will not be available for their admission. The candidates will be further categorized into three i.e.
Keralite (Candidates born in Kerala are called Keralite):
- Children of All India Service (AIS) Officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala Cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’.
- Such candidates have to show the proof of their father's or Mother's birthplace which should be Kerala.
Non-Keralite Category-I (NK I) (Non-Kerala Origin Candidates):
- A candidate who has undergone the qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Govt. of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- A candidate who has undergone the qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
- A candidate who is not of Kerala Origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for 5(five) years within the period of 12 (twelve) years of his/her study.
- A candidate who is not of Kerala Origin but who has undergone his/her school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
- Non-Keralite Category I candidates will be considered against ‘State Merit’ seats for Engineering/Architecture/Medical & Allied courses and they will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II) (Candidates other than above two categories):
- The ‘Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II) candidates will be considered for admission to the Government seats in Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges only when the Keralite and Non-Keralite I (NK I) candidates are not available for admission.
- ‘Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II) candidates are also eligible for admission to Government Seats and Management Quota seats in Private Self Financing Engineering/Architecture Colleges, which will be notified separately. But they will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
- ‘Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II) candidates are not eligible for admission to Medical and Allied Courses including MBBS/BDS and for admission to Government Engineering Colleges.
Age Criteria for the Candidates: Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31 December 2018. There is no relaxation in Minimum Age and there is no upper age limit for appearing in KEAM 2018.
KEAM Engineering Eligibility
Including B.Tech (Agri. Engg.) and B.Tech (Food Engg. & Tech) courses under the Kerala Agricultural University, B.Tech (Dairy Technology) and B.Tech (Food Technology) courses under Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University and B.Tech (Food Science & Technology) course under Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission. however, candidates with 45% marks are eligible for the admission to the management quota seats in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
Architecture Admission Eligibility
The candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with Mathematics as a subject of study by securing 50% marks in aggregate.
10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Governments with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as one of the subjects of the examination. OR International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
Only those candidates will be considered for the admission who have secured minimum qualified marks in the NATA Test on or before 10 June 2018.
Medical Allied Courses Eligibility
For admission in BAMS, BHMS and BSMS courses and Allied courses consist of B.Sc.(Hons)Agriculture, B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BVSc. & AH and BFSc., BUMS courses. Candidates who have passed the B.Sc Degree (Three-year course) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biotechnology as Main Subject and any one or two of the subjects in the above table as Subsidiaries are eligible for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and BSMS courses.
- Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or equivalent with minimum marks as given in the following table.
For Admission to
|Aggregate Marks||Individual Subject Marks|
|BAMS/BHMS*||Minimum 50% Aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.||50% Marks in Biology|
|B.Sc.(Hons.)Agriculture., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BFSc Fisheries Science||Minimum 50% Aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.||50% Marks in Biology|
|BVSc. & AH||Minimum 50% Aggregate Marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||-|
|BUMS(Unani)**||50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||50% marks in Biology separately|
(*): Biotechnology as a subject in Class 12 or equivalent will not be considered for academic Eligibility for BAMS/BHMS / B.Sc.(Hons.)Agri., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BFSc.
(**): Candidate should have passed: 10th standard with Urdu or Arabic or Persian language as a subject or clear the test of Urdu in the Entrance Examination conducted by the University or Board or Registered Society authorized by the Government to conduct such examination; or Pre-Tib Examination of one-year duration.
KEAM Admit Card 2018
KEAM Reservation of seats 2018
KEAM Answer key 2018
KEAM 2018 Colleges/ participating colleges
KEAM Application Form 2018
KEAM BSc (H) Agriculture Admission 2018
KEAM BSc (Hons.) Forestry Admission 2018
KEAM Veterinary and Animal Science University Admission 2018
KEAM Bachelor of Fisheries Science University Admission 2018
KEAM - List of communities eligible for Education Concession
In case of any query regarding KEAM Eligibility, you can write to us in the comment section below.