Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Result 2018 – Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu has released the Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2018 on 28 June 2018. Aspirants who have registered successfully for Tamil Nadu MBBS admission can download the state merit rank. DME, Tamil Nadu has released the Tamil Nadu allotment list which is available below. The list displays name of candidates who have allotted seats in the medical and dental colleges of Tamil Nadu MBBS admission. Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2018 displays the state merit rank, NEET scores and AIR, category and other required details. Only aspirants included in the merit list of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 will be called for counselling procedure. Check Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS result 2018 downloading procedure here. Based on Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS merit list 2018, around 6400 MBBS and 1200 BDS seats will be offered in medical and dental colleges of the state.
Only aspirants who have qualified in NEET 2018 are included in TN medical merit list 2018. As per the qualifying criteria, aspirants must secure the 50 percentile for Tamil Nadu MBBS admission, while that for SC/ST/OBC, it is 40.
Latest Update - Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list is released on 28 June 2018. Tamil Nadu Allotment List and Counselling Call Letter is available below on this page.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2018 Dates
Candidates can check the important dates of TN medical state rank list from the table below.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Result Date
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Result 2018 - Declared!
28 June 2018
MBBS/BDS Counselling Phase 1
1 to 5 July 2018
MBBS/BDS Counselling Phase 2
|16 to 21 July 2018|
How to download Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 Merit List?
Following is the procedure to download the merit list of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018:
- Click on the link provided on this page
- Candidates need to check their roll number and name in TN MBBS result
- Tamil Nadu MBBS state merit rank will be provided in the merit list derived on the basis of NEET scores
Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Merit List 2018 - Click Here
Tamil Nadu MBBS Result 2018 – Tie-Breaking Method
In case the rank of two or more candidates will be equal, then the authority will follow the inter-se merit procedure as mentioned below:
- Firstly, aspirants with higher marks in Biology in NEET will be given preference
- If the tie still exists, then candidates with higher marks in Chemistry will be allotted better rank in Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 merit list
- Finally, if the tie still persists, candidate elder in age will be considered first
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Seat Allotment Result
Aspirants can check the seat allotment list indicating the name of candidates who have been allotted seats under Tamil Nadu MBBS admission.
Click Here to check Tamil Nadu MBBS Allotment Result
Along with that, the allotted candidates can download the Tamil Nadu MBBS call letter. The procedure of downloading the call letter is mentioned below:
How to download Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling Call Letter?
- Click on the link provided below to download Tamil Nadu 2018 counselling call letter
- In the login window, enter the credentials - AR No. and date of birth
- The counselling call letter of Tamil Nadu MBBS admission will appear on the screen
Click Here to download Tamil Nadu Counselling Call Letter 2018
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Counselling 2018
The counselling for MBBS and BDS will be conducted from 1 to 5 July 2018. The detailed counselling Schedule will be available on the website. However, the candidates who do not receive the call letter on time must download it from the website attend the counselling session as per schedule and as per their merit.
Counselling process: There are certain rules for the counselling process that every candidate must know:
- Counselling for the Special Categories will be done before the General Category.
- There will be no reallotment /change of college allotted for the Special Category.
- A candidate who is absent during the 1st phase of counselling cannot attend the 2nd phase of Counselling.
- Due to any reason, if the candidate cannot attend the counselling on a scheduled date they can authorize their single guardian/parent to attend the counselling procedure, the decision of parents/guardian will be marked final.
- Re-allotment will be made only for those who have joined the course within the stipulated time.
- Re-allotment is not a matter of right of the candidate. Re-allotment will be done only through counselling on merit basis following the communal reservation if vacancies are available. If sufficient time is not available vacancies will be filled up with the candidates from the waiting list on merit basis only.
- The vacancies due to not joined seats in State Quota or surrender of All India quota seats or newly sanctioned seats arising after the first phase of counselling will be filled by re-allotment as per merit and communal reservation for the already allotted and joined candidates.
Note: Candidates are advised to remain in touch with the board’s official website for regular updates and schedule timings.
Helpline Numbers: Phone No: 044-28361674
For any query related to Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Result 2018 and Counselling write to us in the comments section below.