NDA Syllabus 2018 (Subject wise) for students seeking admission to Army, Navy and Air Force Wings of the NDA for the 141st course and for the 103rd Indian Naval Academy Course. NDA is conducted two times in a year for admission to various branches of Army, Navy and Air Force. It gives admission to eligible candidates who have passed 10+2 level examination or at present studying in 10+2. NDA is the first tri-service academy in the world and is rated amongst the best in the world. The exam date for the NDA has been released. The Pen and Paper Based entrance exam will be conducted on 22 April 2018. The detailed notification will be released on 10 January 2018. Candidates can check the NDA Syllabus 2018 from this page.
Get Here NDA Online Application form
NDA Syllabus 2018 (Subject wise)
Paper 1 MATHEMATICS (Code 01) (Maximum Marks- 300)
Matrices and Determinants
Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions
Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
Statistics and Probability
Paper 2 General Ability Test (Code 03) (Maximum Marks- 600)
- Part A: English- Maximum Marks 200
- Part B: General Knowledge- Maximum Marks: 400
- Section A: Physics
- Section B: Chemistry
- Section C: General Science
- Section D: History, Freedom Movement etc.
- Section E: Geography
- Section F: Current Events
Click Here to Download NDA Syllabus 2018 (Based on previous year's data)
NDA SSB Interview
The NDA SSB procedure consists of the two-stage Selection process. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II.
NDA SSB Interview - Stage I
Stage I consist of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in OIR Test and PPand DT.
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test: OIR test is a written exam consisting of 54-55 questions consisting simple linguistic, logical, analytical, and mathematical questions to test the common sense of the candidates.
- The candidate has to solve a lot of questions in very less time.
Officer Intelligence Rating Test consists of two sections Verbal and Non-verbal:
Verbal section in Officer Intelligence Rating Test consists of multile type questions based on topics like: Relationship, Jumbled words, Coding / Decoding, Antonym and synonym, reconstruction of sentence, one word substitution, Odd one out, common sense and alphabet test, Arithmetic questions.
Non-verbal section consist of questions based on topics such as: Which figure is different from the other, Completion of series, Locate the concealed figure, Fill in the correct figure.
- Picture perception and discussion test: In this, the candidates are shown a picture for 30 seconds and then given a minute to note down details of the picture as they remember and 4 minutes to write a story on it. The candidate has to observe the no. of characters, their age, mood, environment surrounding and give a Title to the story.
- The candidate then has to narrate the story and then discuss among group members to make a common story which is the second part of the test that is the discussion test.
- Each candidate gets a minute to narrate their own story and 15 minutes o discuss and come to a common story.
- Then they have to narrate the common story as per the consensus of the group.
NDA SSB Interview - Stage II
Stage II consists of Group Testing Officer Tasks, PsychoTests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. the Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the three tests.
- In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board. All these have equal weightage.
- The various tests of IO, GTO and Psychologist are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate. Accordingly, candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB for the final selection.
If the candidates have any queries related to NDA Syllabus 2018, they can write to us in the comment section below.