UPTU Scholarship is a scholarship scheme run by State government for the benefit of students. The UPTU Scholarship motivates students to pursue higher studies by providing financial assistance to those who can't afford to pay for their education. Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow now known as APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) offers Talent Incentive Scheme, Scholarships to First Two Branch Toppers, Rank Holders of UPTU Entrance Exam and Incentives To Rank Holders in All India Level Competitions like GATE/GRE/UPSC/IAS/IES/GMAT/Advance GRE.
UPTU Scholarship List
- UPTU Post Matric Scholarship
- UPTU Scholarship to the Branch Toppers
- UPTU Incentive to Rank Holders of All India Level Competitions
- UPTU Rank holders of UPSEE Top 100 students
UPTU Talent Incentive Scheme NIDHI
The incentive scheme will apply to every college and every student seeking the degree from the University and/or passed out from any college/institute. The Scholarship amounting to Rs. 10,000 will be awarded to first two toppers of affiliated colleges in University examinations in next year on the basis of results of preceding year i.e in 2nd Year on the basis of the result of 1st Year. The UPTU scholarship is awarded only to the students studying in the following branches :
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Tech. (BHMCT)
- M.Tech. Full-time courses of University
Scholarship for UPSEE Rank Holders up to 100
This incentive is applicable only to those candidates who have got a rank up to 100 in UPSEE and they take admission in any affiliated college in the first-year course of B.Tech/B.Pharma/B.Arch/ BHMCT/Bio-Tech.
- How the Incentive will be paid: Incentive is not paid in the form of cash rather the students are exempted from paying the examination fee for the full course if they clear every year, in the first attempt without grace marks.
Scholarship for UPSEE Rank Holders up to 20
This incentive is applicable only to those candidates who have got a rank up to 20 in UPSEE and they take admission in any affiliated college in the first-year course of MBA and MCA.
- How the Incentive will be paid: Incentive is not paid in the form of cash rather the students are exempted from paying examination fee for the full course if they clear every year, in the first attempt without grace marks.
Scholarship for Top 10 Rank Holders of GATE
Top 10 rank holders of GATE examination of University pass outs will be given a consolidated amount of Rs. 10,000to each of branches.
Scholarship for GRE score of above 2100 out of 2300 marks
Candidates who secure 2100 marks out of 2300 in undergraduate GRE Exam and get admission in first 20 best universities of the world, they will get one-way airfare to the destination.
Scholarship for UPSC Rank Holders 1-20
If the candidate appears in UPSC Exam for IAS and IES and has done his/her prior studies mean passed out from Uttar Pradesh Technical University then they will be paid Rs. 21000 each.
Scholarship for GMAT/CAT Toppers
If the candidate is GMAT/CAT toppers and has done his/her prior studies i.e. passed out from Uttar Pradesh Technical University then they will be paid Rs. 10000 each.
- Advanced GRE Topper: "Advance GRE" Topper and the recruits of top company best salary award will get Rs.51,000 each
The performances will be assessed horizontally (the pass percentage) and vertically (the University positions) for every class of colleges. The concerned teachers will be awarded the certificate of merit and a cash award of Rs. 10,000.
Kindly Note: Students getting any scholarships from any other source(s) will not be entitled to scholarship in University rules.
UPTU Post Matric Scholarship by UP Samaj Kalyan Vibhag
The state government of Uttar Pradesh gives Scholarships which are commonly known as UPTU Scholarship to the students who belong to the economically weaker background and are in need of financial assistance to continue with their studies. The UPTU, Uttar Pradesh Technical University scholarship is issued by UP Samaj Kalyan Vibhag only to the students whose annual family income is below Rs 2 Lacs. The Scholarship amount is credited to the account of the students directly. Candidates have to apply Online for Scholarship by visiting the UP scholarship Portal
Master Data of the UPTU Institutions
Every year, the Scholarships are being offered for various courses such as MBA, MCA, B.Tech to name a few. UPTU offers the scholarship to all category students i.e. General Category, SC Category. ST Category and OBC Category.
An online system has been generated to accumulate all the Educational institution in the Master Data. The scholarship amount will be transferred directly into the Savings Bank Account of the children via PFMS process. During the Scholarship session 2014-15, 152 new courses have been added due to which the total courses for which the Scholarship will be offered have turned out to 675.
In Pre Matric Scholarship, approx. 6.12 Lacs Scholarship Applicants were found to be true under scrutiny. For Post Matric scholarship, approx. 30.89 Lacs Scholarship Applicants were found to be true under scrutiny.
UPTU Scholarship Amount
Amount Payable under Postmatric Scholarship to OBC/SC/ST/Minority/General Category
|UPTU Monthly Scholarship Amount|
|Group 1||Rs. 1200||Rs. 550|
|Group 2||Rs. 820||Rs. 530|
|Group 3||Rs. 570||Rs. 300|
|Group 4||Rs. 380||Rs. 230|
- UPTU Scholarship for MBA: MBA is a full-time 2 years program. For MBA candidates can avail only 50% scholarship if they fulfill the eligibility criteria for UPTU scholarship.
- UPTU Scholarship for MCA: MBA is a 3 years full-time program. For MCA, candidates can avail only 50% scholarship and the same amount of scholarship is given for all the three years.
- UPTU Scholarship for B.Tech: B.Tech is full time 4 Year course. Scholarship for B.Tech is offered on the basis of caste and as per the scheme determined by govt. every year.
UPTU Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Only the candidates whose family income is not more than Rs. 1,00,000 lac per annum is eligible to apply
- The candidates must have domicile of UP.
How to apply for UPTU Scholarship
The candidates can apply for the UPTU Scholarship only Online. On successful completion of the form, candidates will get a registration number.
- After filling UP scholarship forms every candidate requires to submit all necessary documents (self-attested) to their respective institute within 7 days of online filling of scholarship form.
- Candidates have to Upload the required passport size photograph and signature.
- Submit the form and take the printout for future reference
Documents required for applying for the UPTU Scholarship
- All the important Education Qualification Certificates’
- Caste Certificate
- A copy of Income Certificate is also required at the time of Application
UPTU Scholarship Selection Process
If the duly submitted scholarship form is shortlisted and accepted, candidates will receive the scholarship money by e-payment in their respective saving bank account which they have written in their online scholarship form. The candidates will also receive an SMS on their registered mobile number on four occasion
- When they submit your form
- When the college will submit your detail
- When your scholarship application is accepted
- When money is transfer in your account.
UPTU Post Matric Scholarship Important Dates
These are the dates of last year for UG Courses
|Event||UPTU Scholarship Renewal||New Application Schedule|
|Online Registration||July 1 to July 31||July 1 to September 30|
|Editing of the filled up Scholarship Application Form||August 1 to August 10||October 1 to October 10|
|The last date to submit the Hard Copy of the Application form||Till August 17||Till October 17|
|Transfer of Amount in Savings Bank account||October 30||December 31|