Saevus Eco Achievers Olympiad Sample Paper is available on the official website as well. The students who are participating in Saevus eco achievers Olympiad can take help from the Saevus Eco Achievers Olympiad sample paper 2018 for achieving a good score in the exam. The students willing to give the exam should keep themselves updated with the current affairs and G.K. related to plant, animal life and environmental issues also. The candidates are suggested to scroll down below to get the Saevus Eco Achievers Olympiad Sample Paper
The exam is of two rounds:
- Round 1 - In round- 1 the exam (written) will be held in the registered school of the students.
- Round 2 – The round- 2 is online or can be an offline exam for the students who will be able to clear Round 1.
Saevus Eco Achievers Olympiad Sample Paper Categories
The question paper contains 44 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ). Each question bears 1 mark. However, there are leaf marked questions; it will bear 2 marks each. The sample questions are provided below which will help the candidates to understand the pattern of the questions effectively.
Sample question paper contains six categories. All the questions of the exam are from these six categories for all students of class: 3-10 separately according to their class level.
- Mental Aptitude
- General Awareness
Saevus Eco Achievers Olympiad Sample Paper - Question for Class 3-10:
Questions for Class 3
1. Fauna: Which of the following animals are you more likely to find nearby a pond?
Ans: D) Frog
2. Flora: Which of the following is a type of plant?
D) All of the above
Ans: D) All of the above
3. Terra: Find the odd one out:
Ans: B) Mountain
4. Aqua: Which of the following is NOT a river from India?
Ans: D) Nile
5. Mental Ability: Find the odd man out A, E, I, O, M,
D) None of the above
Ans: B) E
Questions for Class 4
1. Fauna: Which of the following animals will be covered with fur?
Ans: A) Deer
2. Flora: Which part of a tree helps it stay firmly fixed to the ground?
Ans: D) Roots
3. Terra: Madhubani is an old and traditional style of painting, which got its name from the district where it originated. In which state is the district of Madhubani situated?
Ans: A) Bihar
4. Aqua: The Indian peninsula lies between Arabian Sea and what other water body?
A) South China Sea
B) Bay of Bengal
C) Gulf of Aden
D) Andaman Sea
Ans: B) Bay of Bengal
5. Mental Ability: Find the next letter of the following series: J, M, P, S, V,............
Ans: C) Y
Questions for Class 5
1. Fauna: What are the venom-injecting teeth of snakes called?
Ans: B) Fangs
2. Flora: Which of the following plants is an insectivorous plant?
A) Pitcher Plant
B) Neem Plant
C) Coconut Plant
D) Adulsa Plant
Ans: A) Pitcher Plant
3. Terra: Which is the highest peak in India?
A) Mount Everest
D) Nanga Parbat
Ans: C) Kangchenjunga
4. Aqua: Which of the following rivers originates in Tibet?
Ans: A) Brahmaputra
5. General Knowledge: Who is the author of ‘The Jungle Book’?
A) Leo Tolstoy
B) Rudyard Kipling
C) Salman Rushdie
D) Mark Twain
Ans: B) Rudyard Kipling
6. Mental Ability: In a certain code, MADRAS is coded as NBESBT. How is BOMBAY coded in that code?
Ans: B) CPNCBZ
Questions for Class 6
1. Fauna: What are animals which only eat plants or plant products called?
Ans: A) Herbivores
2. Flora: What are plants are called shrubs?
A) plants that have stems which branch out at the base
B) plants that have stems which are hard but not thick
C) A & B
D) plants with weak stems that cannot stand upright
Ans: C) A & B
3. Terra: India's rich geographical variety encompasses almost all geographical features like mountains, lakes, waterfalls, geysers, plateaus etc. Which of the following feature is not found in India?
Ans: A) Iceberg
4. Aqua: What percentage of water in the world is fresh water?
Ans: D) 3%
5. General Knowledge: The percentage of forest area in India, according to satellite data, is _____
D) decreasing in rainforests, but increasing in temperate forests
Ans: B) decreasing
6. Mental Ability: If A and B are two sons of a farmer C. C has a daughter D who is married to E. How is E related to A?
D) Daughter- in- law
Ans: C) Brother-in-law
Questions for Class 7
1. Fauna: What do hummingbirds feed on?
D) Fruit juices
Ans: C) Nectar
2. Flora: What is the process of synthesis of food in plants called?
D) Food Production
Ans: B) Photosynthesis
3. Terra: Which of the following would support a greater diversity of plants and animals?
A) Polar regions
B) Temperate forests
C) Tropical rainforests
D) Hot Deserts
Ans: C) Tropical rainforests
4. Aqua: How many oceans touch Indian mainland?
Ans: B) 1
5. General Knowledge: In which forest is the story of ‘The Jungle Book’ based?
A) Corbett, Uttarakhand
B) Kanha, Madhya Pradesh
C) Ranthambhore, Rajasthan
D) Bandhavgarh, Madhya Pradesh
Ans: B) Kanha, Madhya Pradesh
6. Mental Ability: If ÷ means ×, × means −, + means × and − means ÷, then 2 + 8 × 16 − 4 ÷ 2 =?
Ans: B) 8
Questions for Class 8
1. Fauna: Which of the following bird lays the biggest egg?
Ans: D) Ostrich
2. Flora: Which of the following is the largest rainforest in the world?
A) Western Ghats, India
B) Amazon Rainforest, South America
C) Congo River Basin Rainforest, Africa
D) Rainforests of Southeast Asia
Ans: B) Amazon Rainforest, South America
3. Terra: Which are the oldest mountains in India?
A) Aravalli Mountains
B) Vindhyan Mountains
C) Satpura Mountains
D) Nilgiri Hills
Ans: A) Aravalli Mountains
4. Aqua: The Gulf of Mannar is situated along the coast of which Indian state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Ans: D) Tamil Nadu
5. General Knowledge: What percentage of Earth’s surface is covered by India?
Ans: A) 2.4%
6. Mental Ability: Amit, Raj, Kunal and Harsh used different types of transport during holidays I. Everyone except Harsh travelled on the bus.
II. Kunal and Amit went on an aeroplane.
III. Amit and Harsh both had a ride on the tram.
IV. Raj travelled on a train and then used taxi for commuting.
Who used the fewest types of transportation?
Ans: D) Harsh
Questions for Class 9
1. Fauna: Which bird's eyes are larger than it's brain?
Ans: C) Ostrich
2. Flora: Several species of trees we think to be Indian are in fact introduced species, many having come to India hundreds of years ago through traders. Which of the following trees is ORIGINALLY from the subcontinent?
A) Neem (Azadirachta indica)
B) Tamarind (Tamarindus indica)
C) Baobab (Adansonia digitata)
D) Coral tree (Erythrina indica)
Ans: D) Coral tree (Erythrina indica)
3. Terra: This mountain range, named after the elephant, has the highest peak south of the Himalayas, in the subcontinent (also named after the elephant). It is home to a variety of endemic species found nowhere else on Earth, including the recently discovered Purple Frog. Which is this range?
Ans: A) Annamalai
4. Aqua: Which of the following is NOT found in the Northern Hemisphere?
A) Polar Bear
C) Arctic Fox
Ans: B) Penguins
5. General Knowledge: Which of the following big cats was never found in India?
Ans: D) Jaguar
Mental Ability: The capital letters in each of the following words are coded and written in small letters on the right side of each word, but the small letters do not appear in the same order as the letters in the word. Find out the codes for letters and answer the question:
K I N G: b d m e
R I N G: d e o b
I N K: e m b
I R K: o e m
Which is the code for letter K?
Ans: B) m
Questions for Class 10
1. Fauna Camouflage helps animals to do what?
A) Find shelter
C) Hide from other animals
D) Keep warm
Ans – C) Hide from other animals
2. Flora What percentage of energy is captured by plants to convert it into food?
D) more than 50%
Ans – A) 1%
3. Terra This energy is obtained from the heat generated by natural processes within the Earth such as hot rocks, magma, geysers and hot-springs. Which is this energy?
A) Solar Energy
B) Geothermal Energy
C) Oceanic Thermal Energy
D) Nuclear Energy
Ans – B) Geothermal Energy
4. Aqua What is a Bombay Duck?
C) Navy boat
D) Invertebrate animal
Ans – B) Fish
5. General Knowledge Who introduced the scientific naming nomenclature?
Ans B) Linnaeus
6. Mental Ability: Ramesh started going for regular morning walks for controlling his blood sugar level. He did so for a month and also started taking Yoga lessons, without going for any pathological examination. He underwent pathological test after two months and found that the blood sugar level has come down. Presuming that he had not changed his food habits during these two months, which statement among the alternatives given below follows most logically?
A) Blood sugar level comes down after doing regular morning walk.
B) Blood sugar level comes down after doing Yoga.
C) Blood sugar level comes down on doing regular morning walk and Yoga.
D) Regular morning walk, Yoga or both may bring down sugar level despite not changing food habits.
Ans: D) Regular morning walk, Yoga or both may bring down sugar level despite not changing food habits.
NOTE: These were some sample questions just to get an idea of the exam. So, that the participants could get to know the pattern and the type of questions get asked. All the above questions are related to same categories, but the questions are according to the level of class.
Get complete details on Saevus Eco Achievers
For any queries regarding Saevus Eco Achievers Olympiad Sample Papers, you can write to us in the comment section below