Odisha MBBS Merit List 2018 – The merit list of Odisha MBBS 2018 has been released on 30 June by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination cell (OJEE). The authority prepared Odisha MBBS 2018 merit list on the basis of score obtained in NEET and candidates who have attended the document verification session. A link to download Odisha NEET state merit rank is provided on this page. Odisha MBBS merit list 2018 displays the state merit rank, NEET scores, name of aspirants and other details. Also, OJEE has released the list of registered candidates eligible for Odisha MBBS counselling on 26 June 2018. Aspirants included in the rank list of Odisha MBBS 2018 are eligible for the counselling session. Read the article Odisha MBBS merit list 2018 for more details on a procedure to download, link and tie-breaking method.
Odisha MBBS 2018 merit list is the basis for admission to around 1550 MBBS and 1000 BDS seats offered by medical and dental colleges of the state.
Only aspirants who have qualified in NEET 2018 securing the minimum qualifying percentile are eligible for Odisha MBBS admission. As per the qualifying criteria, the general category must secure 50 percentile, while that for SC/ST/OBC it is 40.
Procedure to download Odisha MBBS Merit List 2018
Following is the procedure to download the state merit rank of Odisha MBBS 2018:
- Click on the link provided below to download the state rank
- Candidates must search their name and roll number in Odisha MBBS/BDS rank list 2018
- The merit rank of aspirants will be displayed in the merit list of Odisha medical 2018 derived on the basis of NEET scores
Download Odisha MBBS Merit List 2018 – Click Here
Odisha MBBS 2018 Merit List – Tie-breaking Method
In case the rank of two or more aspirants is equal, then OJEE will follow the tie-breaking method to resolve the ties.
- Candidates with higher marks in Biology in 10+2 will be given higher rank
- Higher marks in Physics will be allotted better rank
- If the tie still exists, marks of aspirants in Chemistry will be calculated and higher marks will be allotted better rank
- If the tie still persists, aspirants elder in age will be given higher rank
Odisha MBBS Rank List 2018 – Salient Features
Below are the important points related to the merit list of Odisha MBBS 2018.
- Odisha MBBS merit list 2018 will be published on 30 June
- The state merit rank of Odisha MBBS 2018 is derived on the basis of NEET scores
- The name, NEET rank and scores, state rank, domicile category and other details are mentioned in Odisha MBBS merit list
- Candidates included in Odisha MBBS/BDS 2018 merit list, aspirants are eligible to participate for counselling procedure
- For Odisha MBBS admission 2018, aspirants must have filled the application form
Based on the Odisha state merit rank, OJEE will conduct the counselling session for Odisha MBBS admission. NEET aspirants who have qualified the medical entrance examination under 85% state quota seats are eligible for Odisha MBBS counselling 2018, which will commence from 1 to 2 July. The result of Odisha MBBS counselling round 1 will be announced on 4 July 2018. Odisha MBBS seat allotment will be done on the basis of preferences of colleges as well as courses and state rank.
OJEE MBBS and BDS Counselling
Steps to be followed for the MBBS and BDS Admission
- Registration and submission of Application
- Document Verification and Counselling Fee deposit at Nodal Center
- Choice Filling and Locking
- Provisional Admission at JEE Cell, Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar
NEET Percentile for MBBS/BDS
- General/ OBC - 50th Percentile
- Physically Challenged - 45th Percentile
- SC and ST - 40th Percentile -
- Physically Challenged of SC and ST Category- 40th Percentile
OJEE MBBS and BDS Seats