NTSE Sample Papers - NTSE is one of the prestigious scholarships offered in India. The exam is conducted by NCERT. NTSE Exam for this year is going to conduct on 4 & 5 November 2017 for Stage 1. Students who are going to appear for the exam must have already started their practice. To practice for the exam, one must to go through the previous year question papers and sample papers so that they would understand the exam pattern better. On this page, the NTSE Sample Papers for class 10 and previous year question papers are given.
NTSE 2018 sample papers will also let a candidate get a fair idea of the level of questions being asked in the examination. The sample papers of NTSE also expose them to their current level of preparation and improve on it thereof.
NTSE Sample Papers - Download NTSE Sample Papers for Class 10
The NTSE Exam is conducted in two stages. The questions in the exam are from the syllabus of Class 9 and 10 which consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). Along with these two sections, candidates will also have to appear in Language Comprehensive Test. The sample papers attached below is presented by the Allen Career Institute for MAT, SAT and LCT
NTSE Sample Papers for Class 10 (Gujarat)
NTSE Sample Papers for Class 10 (Jharkhand)
NTSE Sample Papers for Class 10 (Madhya Pradesh)
NTSE Sample Papers by NCERT
NTSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10
The previous year's question papers provide the insight about the NTSE Exam Questions and Pattern. Solving the previous year question papers will help the candidates too maintain efficiency and manage the time. The link for the previous year question papers is given below:
NTSE Delhi MAT Question Paper
NTSE Delhi SAT Question Paper
NTSE Andhra Pradesh MAT Question Paper
NTSE Haryana SAT Question Paper
NTSE Haryana Question Paper
NTSE Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017
This test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning, ability to think, ability to judge, evaluate or discriminate, ability to visualize in the space, spatial orientation, etc. A variety of questions, for example, analogies, classification, series, pattern perception, hidden figures, coding-decoding, block assembly, problem-solving etc. are used for this purpose.The sections included in the NTSE Exam are:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)
- Language Comprehensive Test (LCT)
Important Points of NTSE Exam
- Aptitude Test: The aptitude test will consist questions from History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Negative Marking in NTSE: There will be negative marking of 1/3 for every wrong answer, and no negative marks would be awarded for unanswered questions.
- The language of NTSE Examination: The Examination is conducted in various languages that are: Assamese, Bangla, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- Qualifying Marks: NTSE Examination qualifying marks are 40% for the general category and 32% for the reserved categories i.e. SC/ST/PwD. Candidates have to score these minimum marks in each paper so as to qualify.
NTSE Preparation Tips
For NTSE exam both MAT and SAT are equally important. Many students are in the habit of preparing thoroughly one part and in the process, they tend to ignore either MAT or SAT. Mind it as per the surveys though it is MAT that carries more weight age than any other subjects yet all subjects play a vital role. The important points to prepare for the NTSE Exam is given below
- Make a Plan for NTSE Preparation
- To crack NTSE, break the syllabus in pieces
- NTSE Preparer must focus on the basics
- Practice NTSE Sample Papers and Previous Year Papers
- Analyse your performance for NTSE
- Practice, Practice and Practice until you ready for NTSE
- Group Studies should be done for NTSE Preparation
In case of any query regarding NTSE Sample Papers, you can write to us in the comment section below