Karnataka MBBS Merit List 2018 – Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has published the provisional merit list of Karnataka MBBS 2018. Based on the scores obtained in NEET, the merit list is prepared. Only aspirants who have submitted the application form will be included in Karnataka MBBS merit list 2018. The state merit rank, NEET scores, name of candidates and roll number are displayed in Karnataka MBBS 2018 merit list. Based on the rank in Karnataka MBBS state rank list, aspirants will be called for document verification and counselling rounds.
Latest Update: Karnataka MBBS Merit List 2018 has been released. Link to download the rank list is provided below.
On the basis of Karnataka MBBS merit list 2018, aspirants will be eligible for admission to around 8695 MBBS and 2000 BDS seats offered by the medical and dental colleges of the state.
Only candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in NEET UG 2018 are eligible for Karnataka MBBS admission 2018. As per the qualifying criteria of NEET, general category candidates must secure at least 50 percentile, while for SC/ST/OBC aspirants, it is 40 percentile.
How to download Karnataka MBBS Merit List 2018?
To download the Karnataka MBBS 2018 merit list, the procedure is mentioned below:
- Click on the link provided below to download Karnataka MBBS 2018 merit list
- Aspirants need to match their roll number and name in the merit list
- The state rank will also be displayed in the merit list derived on the basis of NEET scores
Click Here to download Karnataka MBBS 2018 Merit List
Types of Karnataka MBBS Merit List 2018
The conducting authority, KEA, will release two types of Karnataka MBBS merit list 2018:
- Candidate list – This list has been released on 27 June. This merit list is published only for document verification purpose. Aspirants included in this Karnataka MBBS merit list 2018 will be called for document verification
- Final merit list – This list will be published in the first week of July 2018. Karnataka MBBS 2018 merit list will be prepared after the document verification. Such candidates will be eligible for Karnataka MBBS counselling session
Karnataka MBBS 2018 Merit List – Tie-Breaking Method
In case the rank of two or more aspirants will be equal, then the authority will follow the tie-breaking procedure for preparation of Karnataka MBBS merit list, which are:
- Marks in Biology – Candidates with higher marks in Biology will be allotted better rank
- Marks in Chemistry – If the tie still exists, the higher marks obtained in Chemistry will attain higher merit position
- Marks in Qualifying Examination – In case, the tie still not broken, then aspirants with better marks in qualifying examination will be given a better rank
- Age – Lastly, aspirants elder in age will be given first preferences
Schedule of Document Verification
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), has released the dates of document verification, which is provided below.
After Karnataka MBBS 2018 Merit List
After the publication of Karnataka MBBS merit list, aspirants will be eligible for the counselling session. Karnataka MBBS 2018 counselling session will begin from 29 June. Candidates need to enter their options of colleges for admission. The mock allotment result of Karnataka MBBS counselling will be available on 6 July 2018. Later, candidates will be allowed to change their preferences, based on which Karnataka MBBS counselling result for round 1 will be released on 9 July 2018.