Central Sector Scholarship Renewal: The page discusses in detail about the central sector scholarship (CSS) Renewal, the criteria for the CSS Scholarship Renewal. This Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for college and University students is offered by MHRD and is given to students who have passed their examination from CBSE, ISCE board or state boards. every year the applicants are required to submit the Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Application form. Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Application form can be filled by National Scholarship Portal by clicking on the link given on this page. The last date for the submission of the application forms via National Scholarship Portal is 31 October 2018 for 2015, 2016 and 2017 renewal candidates.
- CSSS Renewal for 2015, 2016 and 2017 Candidates will be done online through CBSE Portal whose link is given below this page.
- CSSS Renewal for 2015-17 Candidates will be done online at NSP Portal.
Latest Update: The Central Board of Secondary Education invites Renewal Application from the eligible students who have been granted scholarship under Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS) for the year(s) – 2015, 2016 & 2017 is given below.
|CSSS Year||Renewal||Last Date of Online Application|
31 October 2018
Get the complete details and renewal form on this page.
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal 2018
The students need to apply for the renewal at the end of each academic session to ensure that the scholarship amount for the next academic session is duly disbursed. Last Date of Receipt of Offline 1st Renewal Application for the year 2017, 2nd application renewal for the year 2016 and 3rd renewal application for the year 2015 is 31 October 2018. The Applicants, who have already applied for the 3rd renewal of CSSS-2015 through National e-Scholarship Portal (NSP), need not to apply. Applicants have to submit separate renewal form for each year, attested by the Head of the Institution from where the applicant is pursuing his/her higher studies. For all professional courses, the scholarship will be renewed till the graduation level of that course and For all the other courses the scholarship would be renewed up to a maximum of five years in the same stream.
Central Sector Scholarship Program was launched in the year 1961-62 by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and Department of Higher Education (DHE) with the aim to provide financial assistance to class 12 meritorious students who are from lower income group families so that they can pursue higher education.
NOTE: The Central Sector Scholarship Renewal form for Central Sector Scheme for Scholarship for College and University Students for the year 2018 is now available.
Renewal Via National Scholarship Portal
All the students who received the scholarship in 2015 onwards can apply for scholarship renewal through National Scholarship Portal using the same id and password. The institutes in which the students are presently studying can only renew the scholarship for the students by importing the application form from previous years.
CSS Scholarship Reward and Disbursal
The scholarship is awarded for five years and the students are awarded Rs 1000 per month for the first three years and Rs 2000 per month for the next two years. The scholarship will be disbursed in a lump sum at the end of the year and not on monthly basis. The scholarship is disbursed directly to the bank accounts of the students since 1.1.2013
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal for CBSE Students
CBSE has started the Central Sector Scholarship renewal process for the students who have passed class 12 from CBSE board and have received the scholarship in 2015, 2016 and 2017 years. The following notification is for the candidates who have passed Class 12 from the schools affiliated to CBSE Board.
CBSE has invited CSS Scholarship Renewal from students who were awarded scholarships in 2015 and 2016. Since the scholarship is awarded for five years, the scholars are required to submit CSS Scholarship Renewal Applications for four consecutive academic sessions in order ensure that their scholarships are awarded on time.
Students changing their college/institute of study would be allowed to continue/renew the scholarship provided the course of study and the institution is recognised. A student will be eligible for the central sector scholarship for a total duration not exceeding 5 years.
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal for State Boards
|Kerala CSS Renewal||Renewal|
|Andhra Pradesh CSS Renewal||Renewal Form & Instructions|
|Haryana CSS Renewal||Renewal|
|Gujarat CSS Renewal||Renewal Form|
|Maharashtra CSS Renewal||Renewal Form|
|Tamil Nadu CSS Renewal||Renewal Form|
|Telangana CSS Renewal||Renewal Form|
|Jharkhand CSS Renewal||Renewal Form|
Criteria for Central Sector Scholarship Renewal
The CSS Scholarship will be renewed only if the awardees abide by the following criteria:
- Promotion to next class with 60% or more marks: The scholarship will be continued for the candidates who have got promoted to the next class provided he/she secures 60% or more marks or equivalent Grade Point Average in aggregate for the two preceding semesters or of the annual examination which determines his promotion to the next class.
- Attendance should be 75%: The beneficiary students have to maintain the attendance record of 75%.
- Indiscipline might lead to cancellation: If in case any Complaints against the scholars regarding indiscipline including any complaints of having indulged in ragging are received, then it might lead to the forfeiture of scholarship.
- Unable to appear in the examination, submit a valid medical proof: In case the candidate was unable to appear in the annual examination due to illness and or on account of any unforeseen event then the award may be renewed for the next academic year on submission of medical certificate and other proof to satisfy the Head of the institution who in turn has to certify that the child would have passed with 60% or more marks if he/she would have appeared in the examination.
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal For 2012, 2013 & 2014
- CSSS Renewal for 2012, 2013 and 2014 Candidates will be done online through CBSE Portal whose link is given below.
- Click Here for The Renewal Form - For 2012,2013 & 2014 Candidates
- CSSS Renewal for 2015-16 Candidates will be done online at NSP Portal.
- Click Here for The Renewal Form - For 2015-2016 Candidates
For any query contact 011-22526745, 011-22044166 or send mail at email@example.com
For any queries related to Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Renewal, You can write to us in the comments section below.