UGC Scholarship 2016 | Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST for Professional courses
Last date to apply
August 31, 2016
Extended Date: September 15, 2016
About UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies
UGC Scholarship for Post Graduate Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates invites online application from SC/ST students willing to pursue their higher education in Professional courses.
- Under UGC PG Scholarship for SC/ST candidates for financial assistance is provided to the scholars for the duration of their post-graduation course.
- This UGC Scholarship is an attempt to elevate the youth of the deprived section of the society i.e. Scheduled Caste/Tribe students and aims at providing an opportunity to undertake postgraduate level study in professional courses through financial assistance.
- Professional subjects such as Engineering & Technology, Management, and Pharmacy in any of the Indian Institution can be studied under the UGC Scholarship for Post Graduate Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates for the Year 2016-17.
- The candidate needs to register themselves on the official website of the commission and upload document in support of their application.
Latest Update: Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST for Professional courses Result cum Merit List has been declared officially, Candidates can scroll down to check below the Merit List of the shortlisted candidates.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||SC/ST Students enrolled in Post Graduate Courses
- Age: The applicant must not be older than 45 years as on July 1, 2016.
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of female candidates.
- Age factor may be relaxed in special cases
- Categories: The Scholarship is available for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe only.
- Academic qualifications: The applicant must possess a graduate in any professional course.
- The applicant should also obtain admission in any professional Post-Graduate level course in any recognized institution.
Not Eligible for the Scholarship
Candidates pursuing Post graduation Courses through distance mode are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Reward
The candidates will receive the following benefits from the UGC Scholarship 2016-17 | Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST students for Professional courses:
- Number of awards: In the year 2016-17 total 1000 scholarships will be offered to the students.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The duration of the scholarship will be of 2-3 years depending on the duration of the professional course.
- Amount of the Scholarship: The amount of scholarship will be as follow:
Amount of Allowance
@Rs.7,800/- per month (ME/M.Tech) @Rs.4,700/- per month for other courses.
@Rs.15,000/- per annum(ME/M.Tech) @Rs.10,000/- per annum for other courses.
Conditions Related to the UGC Scholarship:
- Obligatory Work: Scholars need to undertake 10 hours every week for work assigned to them by the institution. The work could be teaching or research activity or work related to the maintenance of the laboratory or any other facility of the institution.
- Cancellation of the scholarship: The scholarship can be discontinued at any point of time is the beneficiary student is engaged in any of the following activities:
- Unsatisfactory progress of the scholar
- If candidate is later found ineligible
- Restriction on Job: Once the fellowship is awarded the fellow cannot take any job/employment/ fellowship during the tenure of fellowship.
- Yearly Progress Report: The candidate is required to submit a yearly progress report duly signed by the Head of the Department and Registrar of the University or Head of the Institution or Principal of the College.
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Application form and Process
UGC PG Scholarship for SC/ST Application Process can only be made Online by the interested candidates. The details of registration is given below:
- Registration: For making online applications, candidates need to register themselves on the official page of the UGC website.
Click Here to Apply Online
- For any technical query the student can send an e-mail to Mr. Dharmesh Shah at email@example.com
- Documents to be uploaded: After filling the online application form, applicants need to upload the scanned copies of the following documents on the website.
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST)
- Age Proof Certificate. (i.e. Class 10 certificate, etc.)
- Graduate Degree Mark sheet/Certificate
- Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable)
Submission of Application Form
UGC PG Scholarship for SC/ST Application form should be filled completely by the candidates and to be submitted online only. Candidates need to submit any print-out of the application form and submit to the authority.
However, candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for future use.
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Selection Process
The selection of the scholars will be done by the expert panel of University Grants Commission. Following are the details of the process:
- The awardees will be selecting only after minutely observing the required qualifying parameters in terms of enclosed documents and considering the merit of the candidate.
- The decision of the panel will be final and binding and no communication will be entertained in this respect.
Note: On completion of the PG Programme, Awardees have to submit the audited utilisation certificates issued by the University/Institution/College where they were enrolled for studies.
Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST for Professional Courses Result - Merit List
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Contact Details
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi Pin:110 002 India
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Toll Free: 1800113355
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More