Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18
About Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18
- Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship is for highly qualified Ph.D. Scholars from all academic fields, who are willing to go for Postdoctoral research in Switzerland.
- The scholarship allows the selected candidates to spend 12 months in Switzerland doing their research from any of the 10 Swiss Public Universities, Universities of applied Sciences, Federal Institutes of Technology, and Teaching & Research Institutes (List provided toward the end).
- The candidates selected for Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship will be exempted from Tuition Fee of the Institutions and will also get monthly allowance of 3500 Swiss Franc (Approx. INR 2,40,000), participation in events organized for Swiss Government Excellence.
- The duration of the scholarship is 1 year and has no provision of extension.
- Making application for Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship is free of cost and the applications forms can be obtained from Swiss Embassy located in New Delhi.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18
Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: TheSwiss Government Excellence Ph.D. Scholarship is available for Indian citizens.
- Age: The candidate should be younger than 35 to make application for the scholarship.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate making application should have Ph.D. degree obtained not before 5 years.
- Language: The language skills of the candidates should be in accordance to the academic field and University/Institution selected by the candidate.
Not Eligible for the Scholarship
- Students who are in Switzerland for more than one year are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants are not allowed to make applications for the Scholarship twice.
Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18 Reward
The candidates selected for the scholarship will be eligible for monthly allowance as well as other benefits. The details of the benefits are as follow:
- Monthly Allowance: A monthly allowance of 3500 Swiss Francs (Approx. INR 2,40,000) will be offered to the students selected for the Scholarship.
- Tuition Fee: No tuition fee will be charged from the selected candidates for their studies.
- Medical Insurance: Federal Commission for Scholarships will bear the cost of Swiss Health Insurance.
- Air Fare: Paymentof a lump sum amount will be done at the end of the scholarship to cover up the air fare expenses.
- Housing Allowance: At the beginning of the academic program a housing allowance of 300 Swiss Franc (Approx. 20,000 INR) will be given to the candidates.
- Transport Card: The candidates will get 1 year half-fare public transportation card.
- Other benefits: The selected students will become a part of Counseling, trips, dinners and sigh-seeing tours organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18 Application form and Process
Candidates need to make separate application for Scholarship and University admission. The candidates who are willing to go for application for the Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship can get the application package from Swiss Embassy. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Application Form: Theapplication form can be obtained by sending an email to Swiss Embassy, New Delhi.
- Required Documents:Thebelow mentioned documents should be attached with the application form to complete the application process:
- Copies of Passport and Photographs: Each set of application should have 2 copies of the main page of passport and photograph.
- Curriculum Vitae: The applicant should provide 2 CVs, one detailed and other short for the Academic Supervisor.
- Academic Documents: Attestedcopies of Grade Sheets & UniversityCertificatesin English/German/French or Italian should be attached with the application form.
- University Authorities or Government Officer can attest the documents.
- Research Proposal: A research proposal Applicantsshould submit a research proposal of maximum 5 pages using the official research proposal form provided with the application package.
- Recommendation Letters: 2 letters of recommendation from the professors from the same field as of applicants.
- The letters should be on the official reference form provided with the application package.
- Letter of Motivation: The applicant should submit a letter of motivation having maximum 2 pages.
- Confirmation letter from Swiss Professor: Candidates should obtain and send a copy of confirmation from the Professor at the intended Swiss Institution that they are willing to supervise the proposed research.
- Health Certificate: Health Certificate issued by a competent authority on the official health certificate provided with the application package.
Submission of the Application
- All original, signed documents and attested translations will be in SET 1 and the other 2 sets will be the photocopy of SET 1.
- 3 set of applications and the number of copies should be mentioned on the applications must be submitted to the following address:
Swiss Embassy in New Delhi
Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, 110021 New Delhi
Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18 Selection Process
Institutions Available: The candidates can opt for research in any of the following Institutions:
- Federal Institutes of Technology
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ)
- Research Institutes of the ETH Domain (PSI; WSL; EMPA; EAWAG)
- University of Basel
- University of Bern
- University of Fribourg
- University of Geneva
- University of Lausanne
- University of Lucerne
- University of Neuchâtel
- University of St. Gallen
- University of Zurich
- University of Lugano
- Teaching and Research Institutes
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID)
- Universities of applied Sciences
- University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
- Bern University of Applied Sciences
- University of Applied Sciences Northwest Switzerland
- University of applied Sciences Eastern Switzerland
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland
- The Zürcher Fachhochschule
- Selection Criteria: The selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- The topic of the research project selected by the candidate, its originality, and methodological soundness will also be considered.
- The Academic Profile of the candidate and his research capacities will be the prime selection criteria.
- The quality of supervision and the potential for future academic cooperation will also form the basis of selection.
Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18 Address
Swiss Embassy in New Delhi
Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi- 110021.
Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarship 2017-18 Contact Details
Tel: +011 4995 9500
Pearl Academy Quarter Century Scholarship 2018 application process is started now. Through the Pearl Academy Quarter Century Scholarship, Pearl Academ... Read More
Canon Photomarathon India 2017 is a photography talent search competition which is organized by Canon India Private Limited (Canon India). This is an ... Read More
The UNESCO Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers begun in the ye... Read More
Andreu World SA launches its “Andreu World International Design Contest.”. The competition is open both to design students and to professi... Read More