Sony World Photography Award 2017 for Youth
About Sony World Photography Award
- Sony World Photography Award 2016-17 is the world’s largest & the most respected photography awards.
- The participants are offered an incredible $30,000 (USD) in cash prizes along with the latest Sony digital imaging equipment. The awards give a golden chance to the photographers at all the stages of their career and make them known amongst the industry leaders all across the world
- The local photographers who possess the hidden talent are free to submit either their best single shots or series of work.
- The annual awards gala ceremony takes place in London followed by an exhibition of the winners and shortlisted, comprising of hundreds of photographs expertly curated inside the historic London landmark, Somerset House.
- Online Presence and Engagement: In 2014, there were over 526,000 articles about the Sony World Photography Awards and its photographers along with a coverage that was seen in 170 countries.
Top 10 Photography Contest
Analysis: During the year 2015 over 173,000 entries were received from 171 countries and winners were announced on April 23. Not only the cash prizes based on the overall Professional and Open Photographers of the Year were given but also category winners were selected and were given the latest digital imaging equipment from Sony and Sony Mobile.
Sony World Photography Youth Competition
- Youth Competition has been divided into three categories, namely:
- The Youth Award Competition is free to enter and is open to all members of the public. Candidates have to submit the entries January 5, 2017, 11.59:59pm (GMT)
- The images must have been taken in the year 2016 and should be based on the above-mentioned categories.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Sony World Photography Award
Sony World Photography Award Eligibility Criteria
- The age of the applicant should be between 12-19 years as on January 5, 2017
- Basic Members – Candidates can submit up to 3 photographs. They can submit the work either in one category or spread across multiple categories.
- Candidates also have the chance to upgrade to Advanced Membership i.e. they can enter up to 8 images or Premium Membership where they can enter up to 20 images.
- All submitted images must have been taken in 2016.
Sony World Photography Award Reward
Exposure and Benefits
Recognised and shortlisted photographers can avail the below mentioned exposure and benefits:
- Participate in the Exhibition held at Somerset House, London
- Likely to get a chance to be a participant in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards book
- Ability to work with Sony on a variety of digital imaging projects
Meritorious photographers can also get a chance to give their top tips on shooting in low light on Instagram, to give an interview which will be seen by millions on the WPO website or tweets about a photographer’s latest show on Twitter.
All winning and shortlisted photographers will be offered a chance to be part of a global press campaign, which will be displayed at WPO website and exhibited at Somerset House, London in April 2017.
Sony Photography Youth Contest Winner
- Title of “Sony World Photography Awards Youth Award Winner”
- The image of the winner will be showcased in the London exhibition and the winners book
- Winner will get International exposure on the WPO website
- Global media coverage
- Flights to London, 2 nights accommodation in a hotel and VIP tickets to attend the Sony World Photography Awards gala ceremony, April 2017
- Digital SLR camera equipment from Sony
- Youth Photographer of the Year: The selected Youth Photographer of the Year will receive Flights and accommodation facility for award ceremony in London
- Category winners; Category winners will receive Sony product, Publication in winners’ book and Exhibition
- Shortlist: All the shortlisted candidates will be given a chance to visit the Digital exhibition and their work will be published in winners’ book
Kindly Note: Additional prizes may vary according to the country.
Sony World Photography Award Application form and Process
Candidates have to upload the image/images on the official website by following the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Size: The image should neither be smaller than 800KB nor larger than 5MB
- Format: The image should either be in JPEG or TIFF Format
- All images must be saved in the RGB color model
- Candidates have to submit the high-resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions.
- WPO recognizes you, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
Guidelines of Photography Competition
- Candidates themselves are the sole owner and author of each Entry
- Candidates have the right to make their entry available to the Competition
- The entries submitted by the candidate should not have any personally identifiable information either about the person who is participating or any other person.
- The submitted entry should not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- Make sure that the entry does not possess any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which is considered a criminal offense, might give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
- The entry submitted should not include
- trademarks owned by third parties
- copyrighted materials owned by third parties
- Names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
- Entries containing screen credits
- Kindly Note: No animals should have been harmed or manipulated in the making of the image.
- The image information, including image name and description, can be shared with Event partners and media.
Sony World Photography Award Selection Process
- Step 1: All Entries will go through various selection rounds, conducted by our 2017 Youth Award Jury.
- Step 2: The 10 shortlisted images in each category will be announced before the Gala Ceremony in April 2017.
- Step 3; The 10 Category Winners will be announced prior to the Gala Ceremony in April 2017.
- Step 4: The overall winner will be selected from the 3 Category Winners by the 2017 Young Talent Jury and will be announced as Sony World Photography Awards Youth Award Winner at the Sony World Photography Awards 2017 gala ceremony which is to be held in London.
Awards by the Judges
- 1 Youth Photographer of the Year will be selected
- 1 Winner from each category will be selected
- Up to 10 shortlisted photographers per category
- Up to 40 commended photographers per category
Microsoft Imagine Cup are open for those contestants those who are required to build new and innovative software applications. The time... Read More
Compudon is a gateway to the Microsoft Office World Championship. Compudon Season 7, which powers the Microsoft Office Specialist India Championship 2... Read More
KSHEC Scholarship applications has now been started and the candidates can now apply for the scholarship on or before 30 April 2017. Kerala Government... Read More
ONGC National Competition on Research and Innovation in Energy is an initiative by ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) to encourage the You... Read More