Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2017
Last date to apply
January 1, 2017
For August 2017 admission
- SINGA is for the students who have excellent undergraduate and/or master’s academic results and an interest in doing research leading to doctorate Ph.D. in Science and Engineering at Singapore University.
- SINGA is conducted twice in a year. January and August. The registration for January 2017 has been closed. The registration for August 2017 is open and the last date to apply is January 1, 2017.
- Under SINGA, a student will be allowed to undertake Ph.D. training in English at the lab of their choice at A*STAR research institutes or any of the universities mentioned above i.e., NUS, NTU and SUTD. The students will work with renowned researchers in a multi- cultural environment
- Every year about 240 SINGA awards are presented to students from all over the world. SINGA awardees will normally complete the Ph.D in 4 years.
- Upon successful completion the research thesis and coursework, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU or NUS or SUTD.
- The coursework might be waived off for students with the masters degree subject to approval.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of SINGA
SINGA Eligibility Criteria
|| Graduates or Post Graduates
- Nationality: The scholarship is open to all International students who are not citizens or permanent residents of Singapore, and who have not previously studied in Singapore.
- Academic Qualification: Graduates or postgraduates who have a passion for research and excellent academic results.
- Age Limit: There's no age limit for SINGA applicants. However, SINGA aims to support younger applicants. An Older person with relevant research experience will be considered.
- Language: Applicant must have good skills in written and spoken English.
- Good reports from academic referees.
Important to Note
- SINGA is a full-time research scholarship and the person is not allowed to take up part-time jobs during their studies in Singapore.
- A spouse can apply for a Social Visit pass to stay in Singapore.
- Salary: The salary amount is S$24,000 (Approx. INR11.2 lakh) per annum which will be increased to S$30,000 after passing the qualifying examination.
- Tuition Fees: 4 years full support of tuition fees for Ph.D. studies.
- Air Fare: One-time airfare grant of S$1,500 (Approx. INR 70,000)
- Settling Allowance: One-time setting-in allowance of S$1,000 (Approx. INR 46,000)
- The students will also be provided Medical Insurance & Conference Allowance.
SINGA Application form and Process
Application form: Interested applicant must fill the online application form from.
Click Here to Apply Online
- Before filling in the application form the applicant has to register at A*Star Scholarship Portal.
- The candidate needs to fill in the personal details along with the Passport number to create an account for online application.
Important points for filling up the application form
- The candidate can indicate up to 3 supervisors and project choices in the online application form.
- The list of supervisors and project is given on the website and the student can choose from there.
- The candidate can also e-mail any SINGA supervisor and propose their own research project or discuss the listed project.
- The selection panel will determine, in discussion with the candidate, which research project best suits them.
- The candidate has to be careful while filling the application form as the application once submitted cannot be edited.
- The Documents that needs to be uploaded online
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- University Academic Transcripts (in English translation) for Bachelors and Masters (if applicable)
- Degree Scrolls (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on their candidature if their degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
for Bachelors and Masters (if applicable)
Recommendation Report by Referee
- After the submission of the online application form, an e-mail would be sent to their academic referee to fill and submit the recommendation letter within 7 days of their application submission date.
- The Referee has to submit the online recommendation report on the portal before January 1, 2017, i.e. closing date of SINGA application. The student has to ask 2 referees to submit the recommendation report otherwise the application would be rejected.
There is no application fee for SINGA and no documents have to be sent through the post.
SINGA Selection Process
The applications without the required 2 recommendation letters would be rejected.
- The students will be selected on the basis of their academic record, recommendations, publications, personal achievements, enthusiasm and aptitude to excel in research.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed within 10 weeks of the application closed dates and will be called for a Personal Interview
A*STAR Graduate Academy Agency for Science, Technology and Research
20 Biopolis Way #08-01 Centros Singapore
SINGA Contact Details
Phone: (65) 6826 6111
Fax: (65) 6777 1711
For any technical help participants can call at (65) 68266235 between 8.30am - 6pm, Monday - Friday
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More