Science without Border Challenge 2017
About Science without Border Challenge
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world’s oceans and aquatic resources. The Theme for 2017 competition is “Reef SuperSpecies." A Reef SuperSpecies is an organism that has found a way to adapt to a deadly threat facing coral reef ecosystems. The candidates can make up an organism or base the organism of an already existing reef organism.
- The application for the Science without Border Challenge has started, and the candidates can apply online before the given deadline. It is the US Based Not for profit organisation.
- It is a global art competition open for children of age 11 to 19 years with scholarships of up to $500 awarded to the winning entries.
- Last year entries were received from over 150 students from 17 countries including Hungary, India, Kenya, New Zealand, and Pakistan.
More about Science without Border Challenge
In the artwork, the candidates need to illustrate the organism and the adaptations of the organism. The candidates are suggested to use only one organism while illustrating about the organisms.
The form of the adaptation can be anatomical, physiological or behavioural.The candidates should use their imagination to create a piece of art that illustrates a made-up Reef SuperSpecies
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Science without Border Challenge
Science without Border Challenge Eligibility Criteria
||Between 11 to 19 years
- College and University students are not eligible for this contest. The contest is open to primary and secondary school students.
- Originality: The artwork should be original and should not violate any copyright.
- Individual Participation: Group or Team submissions are not valid, only individual submissions allowed.
- Number of Submissions: One submission allowed per participant.
Science without Border Challenge Reward
The prize for first three winners of the Science without Border Challenge 2017 will be accordingly. The name of the winners will be declared publically.
500 USD (Approx. 31,100 INR)
350 USD (Approx. 21,700 INR)
200 USD (Approx.12,450 INR)
Science without Border Challenge Application form and Process
The candidates willing to participate in the challenge need to fill the application form through online mode and send it to the organising body with the artwork. The Science without Border Challenge is free of cost. There is no entry fee to apply for the challenge. The candidates can download the form by following the link given below
For Participants below 13 years of age: Parents of participants younger than the age of 13 should fill and send the COPPA agreement form along with the application form.
- Middle School: Age 11 to 14 years
- High School: Age 14 to 19 years
Mention the following in Science without Border Application Form
- The candidates should give their Reef SuperSpecies a superhero name that helps to identify its adapted superpower.
- Identify the threats posed to coral reefs that the candidates’ organism has adapted to.
- For each adaptation, identify the type of adaptation (anatomical, physiological, or behavioural) that has been created for the Reef SuperSpecies.
- Describe the adaptions that your reef organism use to survive the threat posed to the coral reef.
- The candidates have to use the mentioned specifications in their artwork. The candidates must use the following specification.
- Type: 2D
- Dimensions: Minimum 11’’ x 14’’ (28 cm x 36 cm) and Maximum 20 inches (50.8cms) x 30 inches (76.2cms)
- Theme: “Reef SuperSpecies.”
- Media of the artwork includes pencil, paint, marker, ink, crayon and chalk.
- The participants of the challenge should give a Title to the artwork, Description of media used by the participant, a write up of maximum 150 words on how the arts relate to the theme "Reef SuperSpecies."
The contestants participating must submit an Entry Forms. It is preferred that the candidates submit their forms online at (www.lof.org/SWBChallenge). All the fields on the Entry Forms must be filled out in order to be considered for awards.
Candidates need to fill the entry form along with the artwork and send it to the address mentioned below:
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Science Without Borders Challenge
130 Severn Avenue, Suite 100 Annapolis, MD 21403
Science without Border Challenge Selection Process
The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation keeps the right to disqualify artwork if felt offensive. The artwork will be judged by the panel of Artists, Scientists and Educators.
- Categories: The artwork will be judged under two categories i.e.
- Middle School: Age 11 years to 14 years
- High School: Age 14 years to 19 years
- Criteria: The artwork of the participants will be judged on the following basis:
- Quality of the artwork
- Adherence to the theme.
Science without Border Challenge Contact Details
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
130 Severn Avenue, Suite 100 Annapolis,
Phone: 443.221.6844 Extension 205
The UNESCO Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers begun in the ye... Read More
Andreu World SA launches its “Andreu World International Design Contest.”. The competition is open both to design students and to professi... Read More
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2018 will be based on the scores of JNVST Exam conducted by Navodya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), which was established to... Read More
CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year 2017- The Royal Photography society represents the Urban Photographer Competition 2017. This year, the competition... Read More