Scholarship to Young Artists | Ministry of Culture
About Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Culture operates the Scheme for Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields to support advanced training within India to young artists of outstanding promise.
- Total Number of Scholarships: 400 Scholarships are awarded every year to young artists.
Subjects in which scholarship can be awarded:
- Indian Classical Music
- Classical Hindustani Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
- Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal & Instrumental etc.)
- Indian Classical Dance/ Dance Music
- Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/ Music, Thangta, Gaudiya Nritya, Chhau Dance/ Music, Sattriya dance.
- Any specialized aspect of theatre art, including acting, direction, etc., but excluding playwriting and research. Mime.
- Visual Arts- Minimum Qualification is B.A Fine Arts except for Sculpture
- Creative Photography
- Pottery & Ceramics, etc.
- Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts
- Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs,Folk Music, etc
- Light Classical Music
- (a) Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal
- (b) Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc.
- (c) Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Eligibility Criteria
||18 to 25 years (as on April 1, 2015)
- Nationality: Candidates should be Indian Nationals
- Education: Candidates should have an adequate general education to pursue their training effectively.
- The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent.
- Candidates must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively.
- Not for beginners: Scholarships is meant for advanced training and not for beginners, candidates so a candidate must have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institute.
- Submit a certificate: The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application;
- Candidates should have an adequate knowledge in the connected arts/ disciplines.
- Candidate Who Has Already Availed Scholarship In Any Field Under This Scheme Can Not Apply Again
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Reward
- Each scholar will be paid Rs. 5000 per month for a period of two years.
- The scholarship will be given to cover his/ her
- Living expenses
- Art material or other equipment
- Tuition or training charges, if any for the training.
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Application form and Process
The candidate has to apply online for the Scholarship for Advanced Training
There is no offline application process for the scholarship.
Documents to be submitted along with the Application Form
- One attested copy of degrees, diplomas and certificates, etc. if any, in support of statement made regarding education qualifications, experiences, etc. in the application.
- Class 10 or equivalent Certificate: One attested copy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate, if any, or other satisfactory evidence of age (other than horoscope)
- Photograph: Recent Passport type photograph.
- Candidate applying for Dance: They should send, in addition, three photographs in costume in full form in actual different dancing poses.
- Candidates applying for scholarships in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts,
- They are required to send attested copies of photographs of the original works along with their application duly attested by the Supervisor/Head of the Institution
- Candidates applying for scholarship in the field of Music
- One audio cassette of the applicant’s recording should be attached with the application tightly with a tag.
Documents to be submitted at the time of Interview
After the online application process, an interview will be set up with the candidate in which the candidate has to submit the following documents-
- A copy of the online application form, with candidate’s photo and signature at the specified space.
- An attested copy of birth certificate (School leaving certificate, etc).
- Certificate from the present Guru / Institute >> Download the Format for Guru/ Institution Certificate
- Bank account details of the applicant, duly attested by the Branch Manager of the Bank. in the format given.
- In case of Visual Arts, Six photographs (Postcard size) of your recent works should be submitted.
- An attested copy of the Degree of BFA or equivalent is to be submitted in case of Visual Arts.
- In Sculpture no minimum qualification is prescribed.
Original Certificate/testimonials stated at 2,3 &6 above are to be produced at the time of interview.
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Selection Process
- The selection would entirely be based on merit.
- Interview: Candidates selected as a result of preliminary selection will be called for an interview.
- Result would be communicated to the selected candidates after final selection.
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Address
Section Officer, S&F Section, Ministry of Culture, Room No. 501,'C' Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110115
Scholarship to Young Artists Ministry of Culture Contact Details
Phone: 011-24642157, +91 11 23386765, +91 11 23384173, +91 11 23381539
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More